Old fairground yields big silver and tiny gold!!Two firsts

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
**************OK**************

The seated and the gold are awesome!.......but guess what????........what people aren't telling you is that your 1875 victoria quarter starts out at $250 in worst shape. I know cause i have one too :P.......here's mine.

Attachments

• 1875vic.JPG
    1875vic.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 17,438
  • 1875vicb.JPG
    1875vicb.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 17,392
  • 1875vic.JPG
    1875vic.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 17,394
  • 1875vicb.JPG
    1875vicb.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 17,367
V

vw

The half DISME was a rare find. This dollar could be rarer. Nice! congrats!

OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Hi everyone,Thanks for all your replies!It's been almost overwhelming and I sorta feel bad that I can't respond to each and every one of you individually but I'm a hunt and peck guy when it comes to typing so this is going to take me forever.First,thank you to Jeff for recommending my coin for the banner section and getting it in,it is truly a pleasure to see it up there!Next thanks to any of you who may have recommended it,it is appreciated!Now for a few personal responses.Hey playah,How 'bout that,your the Cali. guy,you should be sending me pics of these coins,not the other way around,LOL.I know theres got to be a few of these around there for you to snag,Now go get 'em!!Hey Eathen,thanks for the info but that was a typo it should have read 1874 on the Canadian quarter.Thanks to Rich for his research and links they were very enlightening.To everyone else just remember the wait can end quickly perhaps with the next swing of your detector!FYI that coin was in about three inches and in an air test I get it at about 4-1/2" running disc. just high enough to reject most nails and steel bottle caps.Thanks again, Bootstrap

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
Now those are beautiful finds you got there!!!!...WTG

55TXBANDIT

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
BTW, to the site admins, the coin link in the banner goes to the diamond ring thread.

DFX TEXAN

Mar 28, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
awesome finds!!!! that's the coolest gold piece i've seen since i've joined tnet!
keep it in the dirt, dfx texan - randy

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its IN pretty good shape. They were struck rather poorly. Great find. cooter

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Congrats on your finds. Love that gold coin.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bootstrap...now that is what I call a totally AWESOME day!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!! Hope you went right out and played your powerball numbers after a day like that, for your luck was running high that day!!! ;D

mudslideslim

Mar 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow!

i have only seen those little california gold coins in books - awesome!!!!!!
hh
slim

OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Thanks 55 bandit,Eathan thanks for the heads up,I'm trying to get the link problem resolved.Thanks texan,I think it's pretty cool,never thought I'd see one in a plug I dug.Hey GRB no need for formalities,Boot will do just fine and my boots come from wally world unfortunately.Winn,I was so worked up after I found it I sat down and turned my detector off to take it all in and when I got back up I went right back detecting with my detector off for about five minutes,Duh .My sentiments exactly wildrider!Thanks Coot,Coolcash and Luis.Maine digger,good to hear from ya,thanks for the PM I'll check it out.I'm lining up a similar site right now,I'm still shooting the same site but only got an 1882 IHP yesterday so I"m gonna do a little more research as to how this place was set up and in the meantime try out this new site,hopefully it'll be similar!My head wasn't on straight or I would have played the lottery.Yarrum,no I still don't have a value but I have my fingers crossed.Slim,I wish I had a coin book that gave the value of this coin it's still a mystery for now but I'll have more time to research it this weekend.Thanks again to all and keep "pluggin'" away at it.If your odds of finding something like this are a million to one today and you go metal detecting then your odds are 999,999 to one tomorrow it's a matter of time if you can outlive the odds.Bootstrap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions