Old fairground yields big silver and tiny gold!!Two firsts

Relic_hunter1557

Feb 15, 2007
bootstrap vinn said:
Hi again ,just wanted to thank you all again for your comments.Birdman this was definitely a dream come true for me,a cache is next on my list and who knows if this one came true.... Ctcfl,if you come to Maine and bring your detector I'd be glad to have you along as a bodygaurd,especially if I get my cache,the bigger and uglier the better LOL.Thanks for the kind words silver zues,you keep at it and you'll get yours too!Relic hunter if I were you I'd have that coin repaired by a jeweler you can't hurt it any more than it is,if anything it would increase the value if done properly.Does yours have the DERI on it?Well,gotta get to bed HH, Bootstrap

Mine has a hole in it :( but yes it does have DERI on it.

Keith (Indiana)

Jan 4, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Fantastic finds bootstrap vinn!!
icon_smileybeer.gif

Those old fairgrounds still have great coins obviously. They are on the top of my list as for places to detect!

I know you are hunting that area hard. You should go back out there and dig every signal in that spot as there could potentially be more of those little yellow coins around. Some of them may be hidden by the metal slag or iron. If you could peel off a foot of dirt in a 10 X 10 area and sift it that would be even better! It may be worth doing.

By the way..if I were you I would update my avatar!

Attachments

• icon_smileybeer.gif
    icon_smileybeer.gif
    762 bytes · Views: 15,058
OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Thanks Keith,the old fairgrounds are great,I have found some really great things at them.Do your research,almost every town,at least in my area,had some kind of fair or carnival grounds somewhere for town gatherings and social events but they're not usually easy to find or access.Research is the key.Peeling off the toipsoil in an area that vast is not an option but I did go back and get five IHP's and a '26 merc I need to go to the historical society and see if there is any pictures of how the place was set up.I think I'm gonna keep my avatar,at least for now,I love that little bugger.Thanx, Bootstrap

Fish-Gate

Jan 10, 2006
Huntington, Indiana, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible finds. I'd pour on the bug spray and drink lots of caffine to hit that area well. Thanks for sharing...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Wow!! First time I've read this post...

and still want to say congrats!! Nice gold!!!

V3 SNIPER

May 2, 2007
toronto
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer 2 pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice finds, i have found a seated liberty half dime but i still am looking for a victorian canadian silver quarter...

DetectorBase

Dec 31, 2006
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE w/SunRay X-1, X-5 and X-8 / Whites XLT / Whites GM3
Wow.. awesome finds! That gold is fantastic!!! Way to keep at it.

DB

OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Thanks everyone,I don't know how many of you read my post"eight rings and two pendants in twelve feet" but if you did you may remember that I found them on a beach all within a couple feet of each other and they all had penticles on them.At the time I figured it was some kind of ritual some group had performed on the beach and was hoping it wasn't some kind of curse they were performing.Some of you replied and said it may be good luck well I think the latter was true.I'm having my best year ever 46 silver pieces so far including a seated liberty half,my first ever, and 13 silver rings 3 silver pendants 1 gold ring 1 gold pendant and my first gold piece,YEE-HA!! Thanks for reading, Bootstrap

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
If I was you, I would get that graded and slabed! It would be worth it. Great find!

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what to say but.....DANG, you really had a had a once in a lifetime day!...Congrats 100X over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread