OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Updated with Pics Re: Old fairground yields big silver and tiny gold!!Two firsts

Thanks Troyounce,good to have you aboard! It'll be 4 years since I found it in exactly one week from today.Wow how time flies by.I'm surprised every time I get a post reply since it's been so long but it's good to see that people are still reading about my best day ever so far.Hope you enjoyed it.
I finally broke down and had it authenticated graded and slabbed. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it graded. I figured it would come back "damaged"as it has a little bend to it but the details came back AU 55 so I'm happy.I found it in the wheel rut of what would have been an old horse & buggy trail back in the 1850's when the fair was established. I have always had the vision in my head of a buggy running it over with a steel hooped wooden wheel squishing it into the ground.
Anyway, I figured I'd update this post and put in the pics of it so here they are. Thanks for reading and keep the coil to the soil folks. Most of all do your research and put yourselves in the old spots.
Bootstrap :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• MVC-038F.JPG
    MVC-038F.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 550
  • MVC-036F.JPG
    MVC-036F.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 551
  • MVC-037F.JPG
    MVC-037F.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 555
  • MVC-043F.JPG
    MVC-043F.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 545
  • MVC-039F.JPG
    MVC-039F.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 546
  • MVC-041F.JPG
    MVC-041F.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 545
  • MVC-040F.JPG
    MVC-040F.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 545
  • MVC-042F.JPG
    MVC-042F.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 541

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet coin that looks even sweeter slabbed!! :icon_thumright: Congrats again, but she is looking awful lonely....go out and find a few of her sisters this year!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Thanks Mainedigger good to hear from you! As always I'm giving it my best shot to give this thing a mate so it won't look so lonely.Hopefully this time a big $20 so I'll have an example of biggest and smallest.
HH, Bootstrap :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Thanks Hombre, that's just how I felt when I found it, "YES! my precioussss" HH all,

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bootstrap vinn said:
Thanks Mainedigger good to hear from you! As always I'm giving it my best shot to give this thing a mate so it won't look so lonely.Hopefully this time a big $20 so I'll have an example of biggest and smallest.
HH, Bootstrap :icon_pirat:

Well I hope ya find a newer one...like the 24k $50 Buffalo gold coin, now that one would keep your California one from getting lonely.... :icon_thumleft:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bend or not that is one good looking coin...congrats again.

NJ

OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Thanks BSTimely and NJ THer, It's nice to see people are still reading about this and I'm very proud of these finds. Still my best day ever! I've been down with a back injury so haven't been able to do much but on the other hand I've had a lot of time for research so when I am back up and swinging I should get some goodies,that is if someone elses research has not already led them to my prospects. Thanks again,

OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Thanks Silver Spoon, she is quite a beauty and man what a day that was! I had nobody with me when I found it and just kinda looked around for someone to tell. I went straight to my dads and held out my hand and said you'll never guess what I found,then I plopped it in his hand,needless to say he was astonished and really happy for me. Thanks again, Bootstrap

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After so many years awesome this Gold coin ... :thumbsup:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bootstrap--amazing finds--I'll be jealous forever!

All the best,

Lanny

California Girl

Dec 19, 2011
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, White's Mxt Pro & GMT, Gold Master ll.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME. I would have made that my profile pic too. Nice work. Hope you find more. HH :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

d3t3ctr0n

Apr 17, 2013
Texas U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Gold Coin looks fine to me. Well done man. I can't wait to find my first gold anything.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GREAT coins! What excitement it musta been, when you found them! That gold coin traveled a LONG ways, before being lost..., and what a loss it was, to the loser...!
You're the winner tho. Congrats!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions