πŸ₯‡ BANNER XP Deus - Short Solo Hunt on New Land - GOLD HAMMERED!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader, could you elaborate on your sharing of finds/money with the landowner? For something like this, do you give him half the value and keep the coin or is there an option for him to keep the coin and give you half its value? I'm curious.

Thanks.

Yes, you pretty much got it. Our deal is that I (the finder) has first refusal on any find but finds of this nature the owner gets half its value minus any likely costs if I were to sell, which of course I don't. If it's not a gold coin which I alway keep, & its too expensive for us to give half the value then it goes up for sale-50/50 after costs.
If in the very unlikely case I find another identical one, then he gets first refusal. In the case that they are not interested in the money & we get an indentical one, then they get it for free.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Cru!! That's what all of us colonial hunters strive to find, and only a small select group are able to make that happen. Congrats on one of the most obvious banner finds ever. And it looks like you're on a roll with snake buckles too.

Yeap, funny that its been awhile since a Snake, then I get 2 in a row miles from each other!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you deserve anther banner. That is a good looking coin regardless of it being gold.

Keep us posted on who you settle with the owner and if your comfortable what you settle with him and if the antiquities had to get involved. Thanks for sharing.

Single Gold coins are not included in the Treasure Act & its mine if thats the agreement with the Landowner.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:

Just read an email from Cru'Dad & he rang the owner to tell him of the find as per our agreement when finding anything significant. He agreed we could keep it & took our offer of the money. It is now Legally mine.:occasion14:

THANKS FOR THE BANNER!

Last edited:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm surprised that irregularity of excess gold at the 7 o'clock position had not been clipped by someone. That would have been easy to do and would have gone totally unnoticed. Maybe that's an indication that whoever possessed the coin held onto it for a long time. And that theory might be confirmed by the fact that it shows almost no wear so apparently it hadn't been passed around much. Anyway, just a few random observations.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats cru, that's an awesome bunch of finds, certainly belongs up top!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Crusader! Your ability to sniff out relics and artifacts is second to none! What an amazing piece of history you found right there!

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
'He did so because our reputation follows us & he had heard of our sharing the finds & money. So he's going to be very pleased when we show him this & put some cash his way.'

I to have a 50/50 share rule with my permissions. It works for me and most of the time my Hosts tell me I can keep what I find before I start hunting. I think it just reassures the property owner that your not trying to cheat them. Great finds and Congrats on the gold hammered. HH and GL

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'He did so because our reputation follows us & he had heard of our sharing the finds & money. So he's going to be very pleased when we show him this & put some cash his way.'

I to have a 50/50 share rule with my permissions. It works for me and most of the time my Hosts tell me I can keep what I find before I start hunting. I think it just reassures the property owner that your not trying to cheat them. Great finds and Congrats on the gold hammered. HH and GL

Yes, it works very well, because like you say, I get to keep 80-90% of my overall finds. But it covers those big expensive finds & it makes you stand out from the bunch. Specially those that just show the Victorian Coins & Musket Balls & say theres very little else, even though they keep coming back. We have no problem finding land & land now finds us.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised that irregularity of excess gold at the 7 o'clock position had not been clipped by someone. That would have been easy to do and would have gone totally unnoticed. Maybe that's an indication that whoever possessed the coin held onto it for a long time. And that theory might be confirmed by the fact that it shows almost no wear so apparently it hadn't been passed around much. Anyway, just a few random observations.

I had a similar idea, that there is only small amounts of wear & it was lost early after minting. If it had passed through lots of hands it would have been clipped.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're killing it - nice!

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on making banner for hammered gold. I really like the narrative with your reputation helping to secure permission to access a site that others tried to get on the sneak. It takes a lot of time and patience to take the high road but the rewards were waiting for you. It's a very deserving banner find. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on making banner for hammered gold. I really like the narrative with your reputation helping to secure permission to access a site that others tried to get on the sneak. It takes a lot of time and patience to take the high road but the rewards were waiting for you. It's a very deserving banner find. :thumbsup:

Yeap, it took over 10 years!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find Cru, now you have to update the group photo. I reckon that's not a bad thing:laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Single Gold coins are not included in the Treasure Act & its mine if thats the agreement with the Landowner.

The big plus to putting out an offer is you are the one who gets to grade and value it. have you ever thought about the most money you would put out to keep a find? For the right thing I could see myself having a big sale to raise the money. :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Beautiful gold hammered ! Congrats!

I'm not on for a day and people make Banner, your giving me a complex! :laughing7:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on another incredible banner find..

You the man!!!:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread