๐Ÿฅ‡ BANNER A Saxon Site - Day 6 - But started on 4 new fields - VERY RARE GALBA !!!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well found and well earned Cru! So this specimen will end up in the museum? Look for more of those curved ditches!

Not what I meant. We work closely with them & assuming the landowner agrees, the location will be shared with the British Museum. We directly record about 500 Roman coins a year & work closely with the BM experts. Not all owners want us to share with the archies, & in these cases those that don't want to share we encourage but abide by their wishes.
The Govt & museum have no legal right over this find & we have no obligation to record it, but we like to. Also as it's 'cash' value is irrelavent to me, it may one day end up free of charge in a Museum. But I'm not dead yet.

Last edited:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the legend of Crusader continues. I really enjoy seeing these rare finds and learning the history behind them.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so thankful for all of the members from Europe , Scandinavia , Russia , the United Kingdom , etc . Those of us here in the United States
are massively enriched by the History that is associated with these Ancient and Medieval finds - That's not to say that our young country
doesn't also contribute with rare and very significant finds - just expressing my gratitude !

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget the banner, this discovery of yours is historically significant. A very rare coin, found in a very unlikely place, from a very turbulent time. Better than finding a box of gold nuggets in my opinion. :icon_king:

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Not what I meant. We work closely with them & assuming the landowner agrees, the location will be shared with the British Museum. We directly record about 500 Roman coins a year & work closely with the BM experts. Not all owners want us to share with the archies, & in these cases those that don't want to share we encourage but abide by their wishes.
The Govt & museum have no legal right over this find & we have no obligation to record it, but we like to. Also as it's 'cash' value is irrelavent to me, it may one day end up free of charge in a Museum. But I'm not dead yet.

Thank you for the explanation!

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
YOU ARE UNFREAKING REAL!! I'm a member of the National Junior Classical League. (bunch of Latin and Roman history nerds) I LOVE your coins! The Septimius Severus coin is amazing let alone the Galba!! You are so cool. I'm soooo jealous. It's a dream of mine to go to Europe and find a Roman coin.

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the recovery of such a rare and beautiful coin. Who needs gold, when you can dig silver like that?

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see where you only "average" 3 Banner finds a year. Congrats on another! Hogge

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU ARE UNFREAKING REAL!! I'm a member of the National Junior Classical League. (bunch of Latin and Roman history nerds) I LOVE your coins! The Septimius Severus coin is amazing let alone the Galba!! You are so cool. I'm soooo jealous. It's a dream of mine to go to Europe and find a Roman coin.
As a 'Junior' I guess your pretty joung so you will have plenty of time to research where you go & to save the money. One of my dreams was to catch a 100lb + Catfish. I did my homework & went to Spain, got the right guide, & my first fish was 112lbs & the 3 of us had 4 over 100lbs in 1 week. Not returned yet but dream achieved.:thumbsup:
PS. Make sure you don't break any Laws because if coming to the UK, you need an Export Licience.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never crossed MY mind.:laughing9:

We had these talks before; we have a different focus. Its your right to sell your stuff & my right to collect. As someone who collects, I buy off people like you, so I'm not against it.

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great finds,makes you happy when the "eggheads" compliment you on your stuff,eh?....

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great finds,makes you happy when the "eggheads" compliment you on your stuff,eh?....

Not sure it makes me that more happy, most the time they tell us what we know. What makes me happy is knowing we had a really rare one when I found it & hardly being able to wait to get home to find out exactly how rare.
Compliments are nice but not important, what is important is Cru'Dad & I hold some of the best records & when we are allow to share them we do. Like I said in the arrowhead thread, both parties benefit from the knowledge shared.

Walid1010

Greenie
Oct 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which xp you were using when you found the silver coins Deus or GPM?,and which coil do you use for the Deus?
Nice finds btw 8-)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which xp you were using when you found the silver coins Deus or GPM?,and which coil do you use for the Deus?
Nice finds btw 8-)

Only ever use the Deus with the 11" Coil nowadays, the GMP is now a reserve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions