1700s club finally! Spanish silver and early pewter..hunt of a lifetime!

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to say congratulations again this is one of the most inspiring posts I have read on here in a long time. just goes to show how the proper research and the proper action can pay off big-time. And I gotta say I would rather find that Wayne's Legion button over a George Washington inaugural any day of the week. You can bet that button actually went into battle.

Last edited:

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea how I missed this post. I have researched a lot of the early pioneers in this area, and of course, Mad Anthony's journeys. The button is an absolutely amazing find. I think I would have wept if I found that. Amazing post, detail, and finds. I can only imagine holding that in my hand, imagining who held that last and where it had gone!

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A big congrats on your first 1700's coin !

Yes, we do find Spanish silver coins here in Ohio - not a very common find at all !

I was hunting around a old cellar hole 7 or 8 years ago - I found what I thought was a silver religious medallion.
When I got to the truck I put my glasses on ... almost had a heart attack - a 1783 Half Real !

Good Hunting !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread