Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: hoard/cache of merc's as promised

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2009
    Bolivar, Ohio
    Minelab E-trac
    13 times

Re: hoard/cache of merc's as promised

I know this is an old post, but was just brousing through and found it. I hope you are still checking. I want to say, welcome back, and it is a shame there were those that tried to ruin such an incredible find for you.

Your story was very well writen with details that gave it all the credibility I need to beleave your every word. congradulations on a great find! Well done!

Tim
    "Get your coil on the soil"!

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Nov 2003
    Clyde,Ohio
    Minelab Explorer XS
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Wow, What a great post! You got to see the dream alot of can only imagine!
    Troyoz-OH

us
    Feb 2011
    Lexington, Kentucky
    126 times

You should of seen the looks on my buddies faces when I started swinging in the trees below knots. Don't know what ill do if it actually hits

us
    Sep 2011
    southern, Maine
    6 times

Extremely jealous my friend. great finds!
    2012 totals
    Wheats (1867)..oldest 1909
    Buffalo Nickels (19)
    War Nickels (52)
    FDR(2)
    IHC (5) 06',63',05',80',00'
    Shield nickel (1)
    40% half (25)
    90% Half (5) 1WL, 1BF
    king george V (1)

th
    Nov 2010
    Thailand/Europe/California
    Excalibur 2 1000
    121 times

A bit late with the congratulations, but anyway CONGRATULATIONS! I have been thinking about this kind of hiding place for a while, but havent found any trees that fit the description. If not in the tree itself, im sure if a tree has big exposed roots, that someone has hid things under them, At least I did when I was a kid. Also a lot of big trees have been used as swings, and hang outs, so there is bound to be coins around there, along with the pop tops of course!

us
    sirdigsthepennies

Apr 2008
    st. joseph missouri
    old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
    18 times

wow what a awesome find the best fine i ever had was when i found 2 silver dimes 6 inches apart 1 was a 60 rosie the other was a barber 1901 s or o cant remember .i was using my garrett propointer on a broomstick just hunting the edge of the sidewalks and i thought i found a silver dollar. i sat down then layed down on side walk with my pocket knife and started digging the dirt out of the way. i seen gold i pulled it out with my finger tips took off for the house. had to go back and get my stuff and was spitting and spitting on it and hoping the dirt would come off. got in the house and got the dirt off of it with a cloth cotton diaper. it was a big gold plated role playing game token .i have high blood pressure and when my wife seen me come in she said sit down you have no color in your face. i said 20 dollar gold piece then s**T its a game token and sat down for about 30 minutes to get my bp calmed down.that was the biggest let down since i have been detecting .

ad
    Mar 2009
    WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
    551 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)

nice Franco silver coin ...
      No matter how long the storm, the sun always shines again between the clouds ...... 

ca
    I love ROCKS because they ROCK!

Jan 2012
    Toronto,Ontario
    3 times
    Rocks And Minerals
    Nice!
    Looking For Rocks Is Just Like Golf, Always Keep Your Head Down!

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    630 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    The Spanish 25 pesetas is not silver, but copper-nickel. Can you post a pic of the front?
    1/100 of an American dollar is a cent. It is NOT a penny. The word penny is used by several other countries, such as Great Britain, to denote their smallest denomination. In order to be numismatically correct, you must use the term cent to describe the American coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund Burke
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1822 times
    Wow!! Great finds
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2013
    Coins usables=50436
    Silver= 890 pieces
    Gold= 63g

us
    Martiobarbuli

May 2012
    Illinois/Ohio
    White's
    99 times
    It is pretty astounding to have found so many mercs in a tree. They could have gotten there any number of ways, but barring human activity it is possible that they were stolen by Starlings or other birds which are attracted to shiny objects. Included is a link to a story regarding birds being documented stealing quarters (lots of them, heh) from a car wash. It is funny to think that perhaps back in the day, after work someone would empty their pockets on a table and go relax on their back porch or yard and crack open a few cold ones and while otherwise engaged, the person's unattended pile of change was pilfered by enterprising starlings and secreted in a nearby hollow tree.

snopes.com: Change Is in the Air!

us
    Lets get out there.

Jan 2013
    Newport
    Fisher f75, Garret pro pointer,
    16 times
    WOW that is awesome!!!!! Thanks for sharing

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsors