Gold Coin From Last Weekend: Updated Pics

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Gold Coin From Last Weekend

DJ_Quinn said:
My digital camera is crap,(my ex took the good one), which is why I don't post my pics very often. I had to post this one lads, gold coins are few and far between for me, this is my second. I walked a long stretch of old rail lines to detect around an old house I had seen, it was hard work to get to and I only found a total of 5 coins but this was among them. Its an 1896 gold soverign. Hard to tell from the photo, but its in great condition. Its nice to finally have something good to post, its been a while.
I thought i saw my ex the other day but the gal i saw didnt have a mattress on her back and a beer in her hand.
LOL...
sell the coin and get a better camera...LOL

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2

You need to find the macro button on your camera (Practically all camera´s, especially digital), have one, then you can take pictures up close without the blurring !!
HH Ray.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea, should be a picture of a flower... Set it to that, also try backing the camera away from your shot. Some digital Cameras you have to press and hold the button halfway to auto focus.

Keep @ it and HH!!

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DJ
What kinda camera u using? is it a digital ??? if so you should have a macro setting ..if you can get to that..that will allow you to shoot close up ..it should auto adjust to focus..would love to see more in focus pics... good luck and great find

Rick

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

excellent find DJ ! hope to see a better pic of it, a big congrats to you ;)

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o Now that's one heck of a find, and to think this is your second gold coin in two and a half years. I should come over there and take lessons from you!
Happy Hunting

Desertfox

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
That's a beautiful Veiled Head. Can you tell us which mint it's from? Should have a little letter under the horse's rear hoof. Unless it's a British one then it won't have any mark whatsoever. S = Sydney, M = Melbourne, P = Perth, SA = South Africa, C = Canada not sure about India though.
Hey gettin' a little off track ;D Great find by the way!!!

OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Yarrum said:
That's a beautiful Veiled Head. Can you tell us which mint it's from? Should have a little letter under the horse's rear hoof. Unless it's a British one then it won't have any mark whatsoever. S = Sydney, M = Melbourne, P = Perth, SA = South Africa, C = Canada not sure about India though.
Hey gettin' a little off track ;D Great find by the way!!!

The only mark, and it's under the horse and to the right and slightly above the "6" in the date of 1886, is a "B P".

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow DJ!! Awesome find for sure. BEAUTIFUL!!
Congrats on the find and making "the Best Of.."

Keep the goodies coming, best of luck to you!

:)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOW THERES A BANNER PICTURE

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DJ...AWESOME find...Congrats!!!! Your ex may have taken the good camera, but you got left with more time to detect....You win!!!!!!

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Hi DJ. BP is Benedetto Pistrucci who is the designer of the St George reverse. No mintmark must be a British one then. Once again well done on a beaut find mate.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i beat you banner bangers 2 hours ago :P :D
tossed him a rec at 5 am ;)
"the man has character"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice find there!!!!

Your Ex got the good camera? LOL, I know what you mean, my "Ex"got every thing including the "mine", but I did get the "shaft".

I guess since she was the one having the affair the judge figured she got it all.

OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Treasure_Hunter said:
Really nice find there!!!!

Your Ex got the good camera? LOL, I know what you mean, my "Ex"got every thing including the "mine", but I did get the "shaft".

I guess since she was the one having the affair the judge figured she got it all.

Cheers, yeah I have more time to detect now. Sorry about you getting the shaft, I know all about that. I'm fighting things out with the attorneys to get to see my 2 year old son more that just 6hours a week now. I guess what works for me in life is to try to stay calm and just do the next right thing, in this case for my son, and things will be OK.
Just make sure your ex doesn't get any of your detector finds! In Ireland, divorce takes 5 years and if I won the lottery or dug a pot of gold before the 5 years is up, she'd still be entitled to half.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
That's a better picture. ;D Sweet looking coin. I have a 1900 schilling with the same image of the Queen on it. I love that coin.

What other coins did you find at the site?

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread