Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    us
    Celtic Treasure Hunter

Apr 2005
    Southeastern Ireland
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Gold Coin From Last Weekend: Updated Pics

My digital camera is crap,(my ex took the good one), which is why I don't post my pics very often. I had to post this one lads, gold coins are few and far between for me, this is my second. I walked a long stretch of old rail lines to detect around an old house I had seen, it was hard work to get to and I only found a total of 5 coins but this was among them. Its an 1896 gold soverign. Hard to tell from the photo, but its in great condition. Its nice to finally have something good to post, its been a while.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    The only ones for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the sky.

us
    Jan 2007
    South Carolina
    Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
    56 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Gold Coin From Last Weekend

Great find my friend....and DJ...you don't have to wait to post just the good stuff...I like looking at junk too..HH

us
    Apr 2007
    Colonial, PA
    White's Pro XL
    1 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Holy crap, I feel drunk. :P

Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    136 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by KirkPA
    I'm kneeling at the toilet myself brother.
    Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

us
    Dec 2006
    upstate N.Y.
    Fisher cz-20/minelab explorer xs
    52 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Very nice Dj ! What were the other coins ? Wish we had some better photos,that coin looks pretty detailed.Congrats !

Well done. That is a truely great find. If you could get a better photo you might make the banner
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

Oct 2005
    Central Minnesota
    GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by KirkPA
    Being a well versed drunk, you'd think I'd be able to pick out the detail...
    Kripes, I'm only 75 days out of practice!
    Is it a Jacket on or Jacket off day?

Kas
    beep beep.

Jan 2007
    none....wish I had them all back!
    2 times

I'd like to see it better, but glad you found gold.

Make sure your camera is set to macro. The little flower on the switch not the mountain. Should be right next to the lense on the front. Sorry if you knew this. Don't try to get real close up, either. It'll be closer than you think from a little further back. You could also scan it.

Ken
    I'm the friend a friend would like to have.

Oct 2006
    Zelienople
    White's XLT
    130 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Please try another picture; I really want to salivate but I just can't until I can see that baby.
    A gentleman farmer named Floyd
    With some of his kin was annoyed
    The boys in their youth
    Did not know the truth
    And one of his tools was destroyed

us
    Sir Digs-A-Lot

May 2007
    Algonac Michigan
    Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)

If' you got a macro setting on your camera. Give that a try... We want see.

us
    Oct 2007
    Southern Illinois
    e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -

Thats awesome dude.!!!!!

You may win two catergories for the month.

Best Coin & worst picture!

us
    Celtic Treasure Hunter

Apr 2005
    Southeastern Ireland
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Haha! Thanks, I'll get a better pic and post it, sorry about the blurry pics.
    The only ones for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the sky.

us
    Oct 2007
    Hesperia, MI
    Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
    42 times
    Metal Detecting

Even blurry gold coins are good to see on here!!!

That's a nice find DJ, Good job! I'm still looking for my first gold coin. I've been detecting since 1982 so I think it might happen anyday.

The closest I came was one day when I was detecting between some old rusty clothesline posts at an abandoned house. I hit a weird signal and dug it. I spied a REEDED EDGE and it was GOLD!!! It turns out that I nearly had a heart attack over a gold-plated button. Not only was it a button, but it was PLASTIC.

WTG on the gold!!!
    "There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." - Mark Twain, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"

us
    Celtic Treasure Hunter

Apr 2005
    Southeastern Ireland
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Even blurry gold coins are good to see on here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSki in MI
    That's a nice find DJ, Good job! I'm still looking for my first gold coin. I've been detecting since 1982 so I think it might happen anyday.

The closest I came was one day when I was detecting between some old rusty clothesline posts at an abandoned house. I hit a weird signal and dug it. I spied a REEDED EDGE and it was GOLD!!! It turns out that I nearly had a heart attack over a gold-plated button. Not only was it a button, but it was PLASTIC.

WTG on the gold!!!
    Well Sarge, keep digging. I've been detecting 2 1/2 years now and have found 2, but I've spent a lot of hours digging pull tabs as well.
    Part of my luck is that I'm living in a much older country, people have been carrying around gold coins here for 1,000 years. They were bound to drop a few, and I'm doing my best to find them!
    I see your in MI, I grew up there and would love to detect around my Gardparents old house on a lake in Waterloo, which is close to Ann Arbor. My gradfather used to find loads of arrowheads and other relics there. Anyway, good luck, you'll find that gold coin one day.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors