Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vpone said:
wow - simply wow .... it's posts like this that keep me coming back to this site over and over again ... i could look at those coins all day long, you had one amazing year congratulations !!!

now, from one SE owner to another, would you care to share some of those tips captn_se gave you ?
(i'm sure he'd also volunteer them)
i'm always looking to learn more about the SE

thanks in advance

vp
Bone Dry Detecting

PS: congrats again on a great year !
Thanks vpone. The best tip I got from Dan was to change over to the 1050 coil. After I did that...it was a night and day difference. It was amazing how much better that coil worked for me on my SE.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
Nice haul for 2007. Congratulations.

Was wondering what state you live in, I may have to move. ;D

Ray S ECenFL
Thanks Ray...and here I've been wanting to hunt some Florida beaches all my life :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow!!!! How did I miss this post?
Unbelievable year SF. You must be very proud. I know I would be with all those finds.
Fantastic job, and an inspiration to all of us.
-MM-
(You're buying the beer) ;)

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Hey SF, when are we going to meet at Forrest park and dig some "stuff" It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. I will be leaving for Spain on April 8th for 6 weeks of water hunting. Any time in Mar. would work.

Les

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Holy cow!!!! How did I miss this post?
Unbelievable year SF. You must be very proud. I know I would be with all those finds.
Fantastic job, and an inspiration to all of us.
-MM-
(You're buying the beer) ;)
Thanks MM. Yes...I had a pretty good year ...for me anyway. Nothing compared to many who post on this forum...but for me I did pretty well. I wish I could find some new places but work really doesn't allow the time. I really like going over pounded places though. Have a great 08.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I had a pretty good year ...for me anyway. Nothing compared to many who post on this forum

You had an awesome year. Better than most. You did well, silverfreak. This post belongs in the "Best of TNet".

DM

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggerfororo said:
Hey SF, when are we going to meet at Forrest park and dig some "stuff" It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. I will be leaving for Spain on April 8th for 6 weeks of water hunting. Any time in Mar. would work.

Les
Les...I'm going to squeeze myself into your suitcase as a stowaway ;D...I've always had the dream of water hunting. That is what got me started in this hobby back over 32 years ago when I was about a 5th grader. We were on one of our Florida vacations and I was given a $30 metal detector from one of the department stores. I was literally hooked from then on and have never looked back.
As for Forest Park...hey let's do it buddy :)...I made it up there 3 or 4 times last year to hunt with some buddies I met. It's about a 2 hour drive for me too. I will definately try and find a day that I can get there in the March time frame. There are 2 or 3 others who have wanted to meet there too...so we will try and get it done. I will PM you before long and we'll figure something out.
Have a safe holiday Les...and nice to meet you.
-Bryce

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
silverfreak said:
diggerfororo said:

Les
Les...I'm going to squeeze myself into your suitcase as a stowaway ;D...I've always had the dream of water hunting. That is what got me started in this hobby back over 32 years ago when I was about a 5th grader. We were on one of our Florida vacations and I was given a $30 metal detector from one of the department stores. I was literally hooked from then on and have never looked back.
As for Forest Park...hey let's do it buddy :)...I made it up there 3 or 4 times last year to hunt with some buddies I met. It's about a 2 hour drive for me too. I will definately try and find a day that I can get there in the March time frame. There are 2 or 3 others who have wanted to meet there too...so we will try and get it done. I will PM you before long and we'll figure something out.
Have a safe holiday Les...and nice to meet you.
-Bryce

Thanks for the reply. I have been retired for 12 years and all I do is hunt. The Spain trip is fantastic. We have been going since 94 and have found hundreds of pieces of gold. Just let me know when on the park hunt and the more the merrier.

Les

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-Gregg said:
Bryce great post...this one could fire anyone up! :)
Thanks Gregg. I read a few posts of your zillion coin days that got me goin' too. I always enjoy reading your posts.
Have a nice and safe holiday season.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digginman said:
I had a pretty good year ...for me anyway. Nothing compared to many who post on this forum

You had an awesome year. Better than most. You did well, silverfreak. This post belongs in the "Best of TNet".

DM
Thanks DM. I'm honored and I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GREAT JOB SILVER FREAK, THAT IT SOME JOB THIS. YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THAT MUSCH SILVER........ IF THAT ONLY THE START, I`LL BET YOU CAN`T WAIT FOR 08.............PACO

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PACO said:
GREAT JOB SILVER FREAK, THAT IT SOME JOB THIS. YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THAT MUSCH SILVER........ IF THAT ONLY THE START, I`LL BET YOU CAN`T WAIT FOR 08.............PACO
Thanks PACO. You're right...I can't wait for next season. I met a few new hunting buddies this year so hopefully we can hunt some of their sites. Even if they have been pounded...at least they will be different for me.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding year !!!!!!

Gotta love it !!!!!!

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 5,776
  • THUMBS UP GUY.jpg
    THUMBS UP GUY.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 5,727
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 5,769
  • THUMBS UP GUY.jpg
    THUMBS UP GUY.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 5,724
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DesPlaines_IL_SilverBob said:
Outstanding year !!!!!!

Gotta love it !!!!!!
Thanks Bob. I hope you have a great 08 and dig tons of silver. Just leave some for me ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread