Cache Found (Updated With New Photos)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Re: Cache Found

How about a pic of the pic of the person you found inside the locket...
Sounds like a tongue twister... ;D

R

robert_from_pa

I resized your pics and adjusted the color a bit... hope you don't mind...

oops, hang on...? something isnt right

Attachments

• obverse.jpg
    obverse.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 14,786
  • box.jpg
    box.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 14,729

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that cache is VERY cool we all wish to find something that cool someday yours came a little earlier than ours!not to pop your bubble but my guess is it was stolen and stashed many years back. y would someone hide some off this stuff that seems perfectlly fine in a jewelry box?just a thought but still a cool find,i found a ammo box(metal) buried at the base of a large lone tree. if you all could have seen my eyes, was on new years eve during a warm spell.took me 1/2 hour too dig it out frost frozen ground etc,the things running threw my mind, :o i was all over the page!!!!well it turned out to be some college kids time capsule so anti climatic,oh well way to JER you the man

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc

;D ;D way to go nice find have to disagree with dekalb though, a stolen cache would not have been in a soldered box. are there any markings on the stickpins? again nice find :::::drool::::

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca

?J--
Thats one of the coolest post ive seen in awhile-- :oThat musta been sumpin' else!! Could have easily have been full o J.S. Ormsby $5 gold pieces......Hey -could happen!! Still your find and whole soldered box thing and its contents each have a rich little story behind them.Thats what its all about!!!And your overall story really encompasses our coolest of cool hobby--Detecting !! Man, keep it up your next box could have your retirement in it !! ;D

bagglaydee

Mar 22, 2005
Kernersville, North Carolina

Wow, Jer! ?Just looking at your pics got my heart going! ?If a newbie has any doubts about really being able to find treasure out there, all they need to do is read this thread for inspiration!

WTG and HH!
Barb

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Thanks alot everyone. I am attachimng some picks of the stuff cleaned up. Hope you all like them. I am working on some coins and artifacts right now as we speak. As soon as I get them done I will post tonight or tommorow.

Good luck to all HH Jer

Attachments

• Cache Found 7.jpg
    Cache Found 7.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 14,572

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003

All you have to do it open the picture files with windows paint (start menu> programs> accessories) click "image" at the top, then "stretch-skew" then type something less than 100 in BOTH the horizontal and vertical boxes. Save as whatever and bam! smaller picture.

And/Or you can drag the blue dot at the edge of the pic to get rid of empty space at the edges while keeping the main part of the pic the same size. While doing this, you may have to rotate the pic also using the "image" tap at the top!

hehehe I found a gold-plated cufflink today...not quite as exciting as your box!!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks for the picture tips MD. I will look into that. They would be alot better to look at. Sometimes they turn out good and sometimes they don't. As much as I'm loading and scanning all the time I'm happy just to get the story write and up. But it does suck scrolling through them to see all the stuff. Thanks again man. I'll try and get them looking better.

HH Jer

F

Floater

JERFFX I am still in awe here. The Delegate Medal really has me wondering too. There may be some good history behind that.My thoughts just wander and I become speechless. Great job on the cleaning too.I,m going to take you up on that offer soon af the cleaning tips. HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome cache find, what a great feeling to dig that up and discover! HH, Mike

J

Justin L

Are you a roofer in Massachusetts by chance? :D

Just joking of course! That is truly a wonderful find. Congratulations!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats ! Jer
It's sure Nice to see a real Cache Posted.

Even if it wasn't found with a Sovereign ;)

Jeff

Last edited:
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks guys, Sorry about the post above. I must have been logged in and my son made a post for me.

The rag actually isn't blood. From the moisture of the rag inside one of the cuff links was rusted to it. I just ripped it off of the towel and it looks like blood. I was up until 2:30 last night cleaning and finding a good display box to store it all in. Figured I would keep it all together.

Don't know anything about the coin or medal that was found. It was alot of fun to find. Hopefully I'll be able to find somemore in the future.

Good Luck Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread