Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Cache Found (Updated With New Photos)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2003
    8 times

Re: Cache Found

All you have to do it open the picture files with windows paint (start menu> programs> accessories) click "image" at the top, then "stretch-skew" then type something less than 100 in BOTH the horizontal and vertical boxes. Save as whatever and bam! smaller picture.

And/Or you can drag the blue dot at the edge of the pic to get rid of empty space at the edges while keeping the main part of the pic the same size. While doing this, you may have to rotate the pic also using the "image" tap at the top!

hehehe I found a gold-plated cufflink today...not quite as exciting as your box!!

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac Xp Deus
    762 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks for the picture tips MD. I will look into that. They would be alot better to look at. Sometimes they turn out good and sometimes they don't. As much as I'm loading and scanning all the time I'm happy just to get the story write and up. But it does suck scrolling through them to see all the stuff. Thanks again man. I'll try and get them looking better.

HH Jer

us
    Mar 2005
    central Indiana
    3 times

This is a very cool cache find. I would display all of it for sure.
    White's DFX, 6000 di

Sep 2004
    Indy
    15 times

WTG Jeremy!! That is too cool. Got to love a Cache like that!!!

Dave

Floater

JERFFX I am still in awe here. The Delegate Medal really has me wondering too. There may be some good history behind that.My thoughts just wander and I become speechless. Great job on the cleaning too.I,m going to take you up on that offer soon af the cleaning tips. HH

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    141 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Awesome cache find, what a great feeling to dig that up and discover! HH, Mike

Justin L

Are you a roofer in Massachusetts by chance?

Just joking of course! That is truly a wonderful find. Congratulations!

Dec 2003
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    27954 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Congrats ! Jer

? ?It's shure Nice to see a real Cache Posted.

Even if it wasn't found with a Sovereign

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Jeff

us
    Feb 2005
    Rhode Island

Very Cool?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I Never Find Anything...

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac Xp Deus
    762 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks guys, Sorry about the post above. I must have been logged in and my son made a post for me.

The rag actually isn't blood. From the moisture of the rag inside one of the cuff links was rusted to it. I just ripped it off of the towel and it looks like blood. I was up until 2:30 last night cleaning and finding a good display box to store it all in. Figured I would keep it all together.

Don't know anything about the coin or medal that was found. It was alot of fun to find. Hopefully I'll be able to find somemore in the future.

Good Luck Jer

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Etrac, Equinox 800 and 600, tesoro Cibola with whites and minelab pinpointers
    1325 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

That is a once in a life time find. I don't know if my heart could take it.Great stuff,congratulations!
    God and country.

Professional Dirtfisher!

Nov 2004
    Ohio

Wow, Can't wait till i get my first cache, right now i am GREEN with envy, but
    Thats one of the best finds i have seen on the forum, and i've seen alot, congrats, and HH CS
    It is easier to ask FORGIVENESS than permission.

Mar 2005
    Hollywood, Florida
    AquaSound
    3 times

Way to go Jer, very impressive finds! Also, Happy Birthday Make sure you get out tomorrow too, since you have such a good history of finds on your BD! HH
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Sixties Kid

Best find I've seen in a long while.

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac Xp Deus
    762 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks alot guys. Hey surfrat Thanks man, I didn't get out today because I feal I would have went to the same spot today as yesterday and found that cache. Would have been better today but I know it was a small gift from up above. I just got it a day early. This whole story has been crazy. The wife bought me this nice box to store finds in on Saturday right. Gave it to me early instead of on my b-day. And I guess there was a good reason for it all. I needed to have the box to store the cache in when I found it. There was a cycle to this whole matter.

I have been doing some thinking on this cache and there was a old wall built where I was that I think workers back in the day built. I think that possibly after they finished this wall they all took something they had and threw it into this box. Sort of like a time capsule. Then the rag looks exactly like one that a worker would carry to wipe sweat off. They then wrapped the stuff sealed it on site with a torch and solder or something and then buried it. I could be wrong but it is a thought.

Thanks for all the replies from everyone. Glad I was able to share a once in a long while find.

HH Jeremy

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links