Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Cache Found (Updated With New Photos)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2004
    Indy
    Cz3d
    15 times

Re: Cache Found

Hey Jer,,,
    I was searching threw some of the older post and saw that you have several of the " What's it " I have been wondering about...
    Any clue as to what these little things are? Cuff links
    I cropped one out of your pic, but the one I have looks to be identical to it...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mar 2005
    Hollywood, Florida
    AquaSound
    5 times

Jeremy, I don't know how I missed this when you posted. Anyway, What an awesome find!!!!!

Congrats on the cache, some awful cool stuff you got there

HH 8) surfrat
    A2coins likes this.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    20 times

Be still my beating heart! That would make any day one of the best hunting experiences of any life! Happy Hunting!
    A2coins likes this.
    We all know there's no such thing as a "hunted out" location. Let's stop using that phrase to describe a park out of which you just dug a pile of coins! Obviously that particular place wasn't "hunted out", right?

Minelab Explorer II, Minelab Eureka Gold

Aug 2005
    3 times

No question, that had to be an exciting thing to find! I can't imagine how you held off opening it and kept hunting, I couldn't do that, I would have been way too curious to do anything till I knew what was it it. Congrats! Not a day you will soon forget.

-Mike
    A2coins likes this.

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    132 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Wow! It must be a find of the century for Bria the internationally renowned treasure hunter to come on and comment on it! What caused you to scan the flat rock? Was it out of place or did it seem to have been placed there? I'm asking because I have a bad habit of going around such "obstructions". What would intrigue me more than what it's worth is, who put it there? Why were those items particularly important to him/her? Why would anyone go to such lengths to spend so much time sealing the box in that manner? What in that person's life made it necessary to cache and hide those items? Who is "Mary", an unrequited love, a childhood sweetheart, a deceased loved one, perhaps a cherished child? And a million other questions. If I found such a cache those unanswered questions would drive me nuts.....heck, it's even bothering me now! In my day to day rounds I keep those things that make me question why instead of coins, jewelry , etc. To me it's those things that are true treasures. They whet my appetite for more, stir my imagination and make this hobby so fascinating. JIM
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac Xp Deus Ctx 3030 Whites Dfx
    1323 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the replies on this one. I have the same thoughts Jimmy. The area I was hunting has alot of flat sand stone rocks on the surface. Nothing you can't swing your coil right over. I was just hunting normally and got a solid 93 on the dfx that blew up my head phones. I looked down and there was abot a 8 by 8 by 2 inches thick rock in the way. As soon as I moved the rock I saw a dug hole already. The box was under the dirt so I couldn't just see it when the rock was turned over. You could tell they just laid it in there and the years of dust and dirt from the side walls covered it up.

When it first came out of the hole it was heavy. It was sealed so nice that i wasn't sure it it weren't just a solid peice of cast metal. I tried to shake it and there was no movement at all. At the time all I was concerend about was my first keeper for the day. Not even knowing I held this great treasure in my pouch that could have easily have fallen out in the rough terrain I was in.

I actually got home beleive this or not took this small box out onto the deck and started banging and chipping away at the side of it with my leche digging tool. Not taking and thought to what may be in it. I got a small secting chipped away and took some wore cutters and cut it open like a sardine can.

After I cut the first few inches of metal assuming something like nuts and bolts were going to come out I see this rag in there. I then second questioned myself to what may be in this box. I then saw a small glint of gold and seen a cuff link in there. Man my heart started racing at that point. By the time I got it open it felt as though I neede it on home video to actually see how i was acting. I was so gently I couldn't have hurt a feather. I was shaking with excitement and it's something I will always remember finding in this hobby that has been more than fair to me.

Thanks to everyone again.

Hope your adventures are filled with caches
    A2coins likes this.

WHITE'S SPECTRUM XLT, SURF-MASTER PI PRO

Mar 2005
    NEW HAMPSHIRE
    18 times

nice to see it all cleaned up very nice.how about them cuff links did they clean up as well..

once again beautiful find congrats
    A2coins likes this.
    A LOST COIN SHOULD NOT BE FORGOTTEN

us
    Sep 2007
    N. San Diego County
    Ace 250
    37 times
    Metal Detecting

Sweet finds, Jeremy. I bet your heart was really racing Nice looking old pocket watches
    A2coins likes this.

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    388 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hey, JerDfx. Excellent find. Did you notice that the whitefaced wrist watch in the lower right corner of your last picture was designed to be worn on the right wrist? I don't recall ever seeing a wrist watch made specifically for left-handed people. That's pretty unique in itself.

I say this because the winding stem is on the left side as you're looking at the face. (with the number "12" at the 12 o'clock position. cough, cough. no pun intended.)
    A2coins likes this.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    1323 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Cache Found (Updated With New Pics)

Thanks alot guys,

It was a day to remember. It was like it was yesterday. One of the biggest moments excitement wise for me in this hobby. Finding a single old coin is great. Or even hitting a great site. But when you find a sealed box and start to open it and see gold. Man does your blood start pumping.

Yes the left handed watch is from the 1930's. It's a molly starks. Had the watches looked over buy a jewler. I love the gold one with the old english styling lettering. It just goes to show that there really are hidden caches out there. Not the typical mass of coins type of cache either.

It screamed a 93 on the dfx. I can recall moving a peice of flat sandstone right. I started to dig in the dirt. The hole was already hollowed out. The dirt was like powder. I picked it up and said to myself man this is heavy. Thought it was filled with nuts and bolts. When I got home and started to cut it open and seen gold I got really excited.

I think now I could get the items cleaned up better. But wanted to show some authenticity to the items by leaving a little bit of that green disease that gets on metal when it touches each other.

Thanks again for making this post come to life on the best of treasurenet.

HH Jeremy
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Jul 2009
    spectra V3,MXT
    3 times

Re: Cache Found (Updated With New Photos)

awesome find!!!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Apr 2006
    Michigan
    25 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Wow, what an awesome dig.
    I would be back there really checking for more cache holes,
    maybe even probing for more big rocks in that yard.
    WTG buddy, congrats on the find!

Smiles!
    BDoo
    A2coins likes this.
    "I'm a finder, not a loser!"

us
    Jun 2007
    georgia
    garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
    10 times

congrats. super find.
    A2coins likes this.
    KYLE DISMUKE

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    1323 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks alot guys

Yes, from time to time I will recheck the area. I Hit it fairly hard. Was a day to remember that's for sure. Hope the the next one is gold coins.

HH Jer
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Apr 2007
    Costa Mesa CA
    Whites DFX
    10 times
    Banner Finds (1)

awesome
    A2coins likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links