VERY LARGE SILVER STASH BOUGHT FACE VALUE!!!!! MUST SEE, LOTS OF PICS

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
OK, Well normally I don't post my finds but I always admire everyone Else's. You guys are great! Today I can't NOT post my latest AND GREATEST find TO DATE. This story will no doubt strike up some envy but hopefully will encourage all of you guys that there is still a ton of silver out there to be found.

This past Friday, I decided to go on a little road trip to a little town for some coin roll hunting. I had called ahead to a few banks and some of them gave me some hope that I would make some good finds. I really had no clue though how the day would turn out. One bank I had called said they had 200 dollars in rolled half dollars and I said that I would be by later to pick them up. I stopped several times along the way at various banks with moderate success. I had found a couple 90% and few 40%ers. I was totally caught off guard by what happened next. I stopped into the bank that had the 200 dollars in halves reserved for me. The teller lady then said she did not have 200 but 390 dollars worth. At such large numbers I was expecting someones dumps, so I was doubtfull about the coins. Not wanting to spend all my coin money on someones marked up dumps I asked a few questions. I asked if these were rolls they had accumulated over time or dropped off by one individual? She said that they had been dropped of by one man. Right then, I was thinking definitely someones dumps. I was thinking it over and about to say that I would not be able to buy them when she opens up a roll and says "THESE ARE SILVER." Believe it or not I was still sceptical because I can't count the amount of times these tellers tell me they have silver coins and they really are not. I ask her what the dates say and she replies 67', 68'. There was no more hesitation on my part and I bought all the halves that she had. What I found when I got to the car was almost to stop my heart. Walker after Ben after 64 laced with plenty of uncerculated 40%ers. 99% of all the coins I bought there were silver!!!! So I send this message overjoyed at my find and full of pictures as well as the final tallies. Enjoy and happy hunting y'all.

-Golden Silver

1- 1906 d Barber half

34- Walking liberty halves- years ranging from 1939-1946 and two no dates.

28- Ben Frankies- Years ranging from 1948-1963

68- 1964 (90%) Kennedy halves

20- 1965 (40%)

159- 1966 (40%)

251- 1967 (40%)

111- 1968 (40%)

33 - 1969 (40%)

And One Gold Plated 1983 P with 1960-1985 stamped on front.

A GRAND TOTAL OF 705 KEEPERS.

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 38,108
  • coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 37,349
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 37,527
  • coin3.jpg
    coin3.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 37,218
  • coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 37,145
  • coin5.jpg
    coin5.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 37,051
  • coin6.jpg
    coin6.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 37,162
  • coin7.jpg
    coin7.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 37,254
  • coin8.jpg
    coin8.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 36,995
  • coin9.jpg
    coin9.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 36,916
  • coin10.jpg
    coin10.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 36,965
  • coin11.jpg
    coin11.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 36,870

Jsayre1234

Mar 13, 2008
OHHHHH man! Nice score! Nice score! WOW! I am Envious, but even more so I am happy for you! Congratulations

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG!!! Congrats GS......very impressive haul......very impressive! No doubt that had to be fun!

Kudos and thanks for all of the great pictures.....well done!!

Are you ready to go again.....ha??

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Holy ****** GS that is one wicked awesome killer haul of silver ... what a rush that must have been ...wow 99% keepers now that is a nice cache of coins ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
The best find I've seeen posted on this board since I started looking last year.

Congrats!

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
VERY- VERY -VERY NICE!!! SMALL TOWN ROAD TRIPS HAVE BEEN GOOD TO ME, BUT MAN I HOPE TO FIND THAT DEAL SOMEDAY TOO! CONGRATS!

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
LJ, An answer to your questions. The feeling was unbelievable opening silver after silver roll. You are almost in a state of unbelief. Once it sank in what I had found, I just admired the over flowing from my box in the front seat. What i could not get over is that most of the kennedies, even the 64's were in pristine uncerculated condition. Even the Walkers and Bens were in Extra fine shape for the most part.

Another answer to your question LJ is yes, I am ready to go again. I go on these trips often and I do my research. I always have planned route of attack and 80% of the time it turns out great for me. I have found small collections before but nothing of this size. But I have also only been doing this for 2 months. I have already accumulated over $7,000 worth of silver. And what is even better is that I have only spent a small fraction of that to aquire it all.

I am thankful for all the replies and can't wait to hear what the rest of y'all think.

-Golden Silver

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
LJ, An answer to your questions. The feeling was unbelievable opening silver after silver roll. You are almost in a state of unbelief. Once it sank in what I had found, I just admired the over flowing from my box in the front seat. What i could not get over is that most of the kennedies, even the 64's were in pristine uncerculated condition. Even the Walkers and Bens were in Extra fine shape for the most part.

Another answer to your question LJ is yes, I am ready to go again. I go on these trips often and I do my research. I always have planned route of attack and 80% of the time it turns out great for me. I have found small collections before but nothing of this size. But I have also only been doing this for 2 months. I have already accumulated over $7,000 worth of silver. And what is even better is that I have only spent a small fraction of that to aquire it all.

I am thankful for all the replies and can't wait to hear what the rest of y'all think.

-Golden Silver

GS - I love road trips for the very reason you posted.......a good chance to hit the big one.....and you did just that!! I am very excited for you. Just looking at the pictures again gets my heart racing....ha!

It sounds like you planned your route well....very well!! WTG.

Yes, that is the beauty of this hobby.....acquiring these coins at face value.....don't you just love it!! You have done extremely well in a short time.

You have inspired me to take a road trip GS.......ha!

Again....well done.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
I DONT KNOW MOJO, I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR LINK THAT YOU GAVE ME AND YOU WOULD GIVE ME A RUN FOR MY MONEY WITH ALL THOSE BENS AND WALKERS. I LOVE HOW THAT PILE LOOKS. WOW.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread