Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Found a pocket book....216 years old! APPRAISAL!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2007
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Whites Vision Spectra
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Found a pocket book....216 years old! APPRAISAL!

Bumelsheds could be Blunderbuss. That is some find.
    Chris

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Oct 2010
    Morgantown Wv
    3 times

Very Interesting Song And You Should Copyright That Song If You Like Ill Write It Up On Staff Paper Free Of Charge

us
    Mar 2010
    U of A
    1 times

Nice comparable at Colonial Williamsburg:

http://tiny.cc/dxew9

Yours is better tho.
    Lucas

ca
    I love ROCKS because they ROCK!

Jan 2012
    Toronto,Ontario
    3 times
    Rocks And Minerals
    Wow nice find!
    Looking For Rocks Is Just Like Golf, Always Keep Your Head Down!

us
    Mar 2011
    Spring Texas
    Tesoro, Fisher F70, Garrett 250
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice finds!!

us
    Feb 2012
    688 times
    very very cool

Bev
    us
    You just never know!

Mar 2012
    Rhode Island
    Garrett At Pro
    168 times
    Metal Detecting
    I really enjoyed your post! That find is museum quality in my opinion- have you researched just who this gentleman is? Your local town hall should give you a solid start. I cant wait for your updates!
    Bev

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1822 times
    Congratulation!
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2013
    Coins usables=50436
    Silver= 890 pieces
    Gold= 63g

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    To be able to have an old house to go through at will like that would be amazing! I'd be using a fine tooth comb over every inch, not just to find stuff, but to take a good long look at the architecture and craftsmanship, to think of who lived there before and what they were like etc. The paperwork is cool, but the furniture and house would be the treasure for me.

Anyway, does anyone know the end of story?
    I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it ~ Will Rogers

us
    Jul 2012
    GA
    White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
    53 times
    Cache Hunting
    It appears to be in incredibly good condition. What a find!

us
    May 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Bounty Hunter
    29 times
    I'm almost speachless! I've spent my whole life trying to find something like that and BOOM, there it is! Awesome find and I too vote BANNER.

Edit: Well, now I feel goofy. Just noticed the age of the original post. lol Well, congrats on the BANNER, and it truly is an awesome find.
    Last edited by DeerStalker; Aug 10, 2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Just realized the age of the original post.

us
    Aug 2012
    Virginia
    1 times
    Castigation would be to chide someone vehmently, Palliate probably is palpitate, Life is a cheap prize for a worm means that he realizes that his life is cheap in the end and if he dies, it would be a prize for the worms when he is buried.

us
    Nov 2009
    Wisconsin
    At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Banner! One of the most amzing finds that I have seen on Tnet! Wow ,history coming to life!

I agree ..BANNER! Although the cw bullets and old coins are cool,A written song from 17**? Thats awesome.
    Member of Duh_Tektors Historical Research And Recovery Team

us
    Dec 2012
    El Paso Texas
    Garrett AT Pro
    113 times
    The tought of a find like that makes me dizzy! Congrats

us
    Sep 2012
    Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
    302 times
    That is simply to cool for words!!!!! Preserve it somehow or loan to the smithsonian WTG!!!!!!!!!!

us
    Jan 2010
    Bellingham, MA
    Garrett AT Pro
    Very interesting find; my mother-in-laws maiden name is Blaney and we live not far away (Worcester county in MA). I'll have to ask about family history as I only know her parents names, nothing beyond.

us
    Jul 2011
    5 times
    Mojjax,
    Haven't read anything here about the desk. From the looks of it, there could be some serious money just selling that desk. It looks very old and many just love to
    redo old things like that and pay good money for the chance. Just a thought. Remember the saying "One Mans Trash - Another Mans Treasure".

us
    Feb 2013
    Baltimore Maryland
    None
    Prospecting
    Thank you! What a find. You have also helped me a great deal. My father died just a two short weeks ago at 86 years of age. I now own his home. It is filled with all sorts of wonderful things and trash. The Dining room and Master Bedroom furniture was made by two Craftmen from Boston around 1860. There is a CW era rocking chair stashed in the cellar. My Mom used to rock us kids to sleep in that chair! It was made in PA around 1864 or so. There are also three small tables. I know two of them are from England. They are wonderful to look at. I'd say that they were made around 1890 to 1920. The third one is from France. I have no idea of a date on this piece. Mom aways called it the Harp table because it has a Harp like thing built into it just above its legs. Now reading about your fine desk find I remembered that my Mom had a upright CW desk that she called a "Secretary." She bought it when she was a young girl for $5 dollars. Its very ornate for its period. It has a small hand made mirror in its top as well as two shelves for small books in it bottom. The drop open front is solid wood hanging on brass hinges and arms. Just below this is one drawer. I didn't remember seeing it when I was in his place to get his Will. Just took a quick run over to his place and I found it! He has it stashed on the side porch. It is a fully enclosed porch but there isn't any heat out there. I hope all the horse glue joints didn't break apart. There are also many artifacts from the Civil War, The War of 1812, and WWII in his home. I just have to find them. All this stuff isn't "treasure" like you guys find but to me this stuff is priceless.
    Last edited by Golden Nugget; Feb 05, 2013 at 06:12 AM.

us
    May 2012
    Texas
    255 times
    I was looking forward to hearing some updates about this. Is there any new info?

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1822 times
    Nice find
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2013
    Coins usables=50436
    Silver= 890 pieces
    Gold= 63g

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors