Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: FOUND A GOLD COIN

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    West Michigan
    A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
    557 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: FOUND A GOLD COIN

Thanks again everyone, I'm still looking for the next one!

Am going to be doing an 1800s Stage Coach Stop that was a saloon & hotel that has never seen the likes of a detector (according to the current owner, and it been in the same family for the past 50+ yrs bought from the original family that had it over a 100 yrs), their doing a restoration on it, and I'll be starting this weekend,

will keep you posted as it starts & progresses, it's going to be a good one!

HH

Lonewolfe
    A2coins likes this.

tb

Mar 2005
    2 times

The holy grail of metal detecting! Awesome find!

tb
    A2coins likes this.

Jul 2004
    1 times

Thats what it's all about, thats why we dig the holes. Man you must be on Cloud nine, I can't imagine how you feel. I get excited over a Mercury dime. If I dug a Gold Coin, there would be a S--T eating grin on my face for Months.
    Great find and a Hefty congratulations.
    HH, tico
    A2coins likes this.
    CZ-5 Coin Magnet & 1236X-2

Lookin in Ga. !

Sep 2005
    Eastman, Ga.
    2 times

That coin is awesome dude! Hopefully it won`t take 20 years for me to find one!.............
    A2coins likes this.
    Needed...........female partner to help dig! :-)

Jul 2005
    King William III Copper (1695-1703) Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Minelab Explorer II
    17 times

LW....what a joy in sharing....thanks!!!!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    417 Area Relic Hunters

Sep 2005
    Springfield, Missouri
    Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Congrats Lonewolf, thats one of the grreatest finds I have ever saw. WTG. TSGMAN
    A2coins likes this.
    ----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------
    417 RELIC HUNTERS CLUB

Metal Detector Sales of SWMO

Sep 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    35 times

Very Nice. At first I was very jealous. But after reading that you have done thousands of sites and thousands of miles I feel you earned it. It's hard to imagine someone "loosing" a gold coin however I have a short story for you.
    My grandparents were strong Catholics and were always invloved in church activities and at church. Well my uncle said they had a gold coin in church the one day and as they were just "hanging out" my younger uncle put the coin in a "slot" in one of the church doors. It fell down somewhere either in the wall or part of the door. He believes the coin was never recovered. Anyway, things happen and stuff is lost. We find it Very happy for you.

Bob
    A2coins likes this.
    Minelab Exp II, Whites DFX, Whites Classic III(former Tejon, CoinStrike & Quattro user)

Dec 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    1 times

That's a great find! I hope to find one someday!

Onionrings
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Sep 2005
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
    1 times

Great find!!!!! that is a beautiful coin. I have dreams of finds coins like that.
    Congrats again.....

Mike
    A2coins likes this.
    if you lose it, I'll find it

Call the Ball...

Aug 2005
    Southeastern Sector
    1 times

Lonewolfe-
    Man,many KUDOS on the awesome find!!! The planets must've been properly aligned or something for that great of a recovery!! Congratulations again!!

Good Hunting!

Blacksheep 6

A2coins likes this.
    NO PAIN...NO GAIN--------NO RISK...NO REWARD--------NO INVESTMENT...NO RETURN--------NO SEARCH...NO FIND

Sep 2005
    Arizona
    White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
    10 times

Let me add my WOW to this long list of them. Congrats to you. I can't even imagine the feeling you had at that time. I'm not sure what I would do other than wearinga sh** eating grin for days afterward. Congrats and find another one!!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Aug 2005
    Woodlawn, Texas
    Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
    12 times
    Metal Detecting

Hey LW, Every time I look at your "goldie", I feel like that flying insect in the "A Bugs Life" movie when he stares trance-like into the bugzapper light and says "It's BEYOOOOOOOOOTEEFULL!" right before being drawn into it and vaporized. Glad for you dude!
    A2coins likes this.
    "Have Garrett, Will Travel"

Jan 2006
    owensboro , ky
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfe
    My 1st "true" gold coin find in 20+ yrs of metal detecting!!

I went back to the "Curb side find- Georgian revival house" this eve. for about 45 minutes (couldn't make it last night) and after hunting the front area again with little to show for it, decided to try the side of the house where an old small brick walk leads to a back side door of the house.

I was walking/swinging the coil, and after about 3/4ths of the way to the door, I got a solid mid-level tone- strong in the gold/nickel area of my GTI 2500,

dug down about 4 or 5 inches and I couldn't believe my eyes!!
    I about had a heart attack rgt then and there!

You can see the green corrosion on it from being in the ground for so long, and it's not more than a VF/XF grade at best BUT, "it's a gold coin just the same"!!

I'm so fired up that I wanna go back and hunt all night but thought I'd run home and post this 1st!
    wow what a nice find . i have allways wanted to find any kind of gold coin. i would even settle for my first silver dollar. i have found a old gold ring but to find a gold coin. may you find another.good luck
    A2coins likes this.
    dfx. xlt

us
    SO LITTLE TIME !!!

Dec 2005
    Lexington, Kentucky
    White's MXT/Shadow X-5...Bullseye pinpointer
    4 times

WOW!!! I can only dream of such a find!!!
    A2coins likes this.
    Oldest coin to date....1832 penny.

us
    Oct 2005
    Summerville, South Carolina
    Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
    13 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: I FOUND GOLD!!

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfe
    Thanks again everyone,

I hit it again for about 2 hrs or so last night, and wouldn't you know it,

I didn't find much beyond some clad, a couple square nails, a few junk copper relics (lids, etc.) and a whole lot of mosquitoes that drove me to quit a little sooner than I wanted to? ?

Badger & Free (Pete),
    yeah, I was complaining about not being able to find gold coins these days but hey, there is some truth to that,,, it took me 20+ yrs to find one ("1")!! and I've litterally detected 1000s of places, have driven 10s of 1000s of miles looking for places to detect to find one! and wouldn't you know it, 2 houses from me, in an old vacant house/yard, I find one!!!!?

So I guess my complaining about not finding one is done now! Guess I'll have to find something else to complain about so I can find whatever that may be! lol

Anyway,,, thanks for all the praise everyone, and may you all find your due gold coin/s too!

P.S.

remember,

the road to gold- is paved with pull tabs!

HH

Lonewolfe

P.P.S.

I'll be cleaning the coin later today, and will post it in the Best finds section, and in the Picture Gallery.
    There is an old saying Lonewolf, " There are Diamonds in your own back yard " HH Art...
    A2coins likes this.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links