FOUND A GOLD COIN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Re: I FOUND GOLD!!

That Coin is awsome and you are right you can tell that it has been dug. Way to go i have won a few at compitition hunts. but have never dug one. i have been at it a few years hope it does not take me Twenty to find one. I would be back there until there was not a signal left to dig in that yard. Awsome Awsome Awsome. ;D

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

DITTO what everyone else has said! Your find has reinvigorated my enthusiasim! Ya did good, man.

vicki

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is one of the most beautiful coins I have ever seen!!!!! I know you feel like a million bucks! Go find us some more to drool over!

:o :o :o

:o Nana :o

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW! That is one beautiful coin! Congradulations Lonewolf" if anyone deserves it, it's you! Now, clean that baby up and get it in it's display case and proceed to spend hours just staring at it and drooling over it!

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine

WOW ?:o , now thats an awesome find, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. i was in agreement with you that we haven't been seeing many great finds posted lately, lets hope you broke the curse and now we'll all start finding some gold ?;) .i know i've been getting skunked lately ,thanks for giving us all some hope.

Pat.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

Most excellent find there Lonewolf. I bet your heart was pounding a mile a minute when you first layed eyes on the coin. I know I would have called 911 to make sure the medics were on hand from all of the jumping and yelling I would have done if I found a coin like that. Keep up the great detecting and let us all know what other finds you come across at the old homestead.

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Simply incredible find! To walk in those shoes just once (or more) would be a dream come true. That must be the one that was dropped on the way to the back yard to bury the cache. ;D Don't forget to post it when you find it. HH.

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas

Man it is 11:49pm i cant sleep i keep thinking about your find today.. all i can say is WOW!!
this is just too cool... I take my hat off to you sir !!!
keep it up... there is Gold out there just waiting for us to find it..

Morris
Ocala,fl

R

rvbvetter

WOW! WOW! WOW! Fantastic find!!!! Next stop; Western & Eastern WTG!!! HH

M

mattjd

Words can't explain it so I won't try. All I can say is that I real happy for you that you didn't scratch it while digging.

HH ? Matt

J

JackRussell

wow i have never seen a gold coin like that!! that is really cool!! i woulda saterated my pant if i saw that in the hole i was digging! :-\

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is way cool!! Gives me more hope. WTG!! Where was this found again?

Keep it up and HH!!

Attachments

• WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 16,530
  • goldcoins.jpg
    goldcoins.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 16,523
  • moneysign.jpg
    moneysign.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 16,379
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 16,382
  • WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 16,525
  • goldcoins.jpg
    goldcoins.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 16,465
  • moneysign.jpg
    moneysign.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 16,366
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 16,315

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005

Thats awesome lonewolf. Congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats!!! Hope I find one some day.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland

That's a beauty lonewolf. Its these kinds of finds that keep me going back and help offset the frustrations of days spent digging up bottlecaps.
Well done! I hope there's a 15 more still lying in the ground for you.

DJ

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

Wait a minute, is that a rare 1913 double strike soda can top next to that yellow colored coin thingy?!?! ;D
Nice work!

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks again everyone,

I hit it again for about 2 hrs or so last night, and wouldn't you know it,

I didn't find much beyond some clad, a couple square nails, a few junk copper relics (lids, etc.) and a whole lot of mosquitoes that drove me to quit a little sooner than I wanted to? >:(? ;D

Badger & Free (Pete),

yeah, I was complaining about not being able to find gold coins these days but hey, there is some truth to that,,, it took me 20+ yrs to find one ("1")!! and I've litterally detected 1000s of places, have driven 10s of 1000s of miles looking for places to detect to find one! and wouldn't you know it, 2 houses from me, in an old vacant house/yard, I find one!!!!????

So I guess my complaining about not finding one is done now! Guess I'll have to find something else to complain about so I can find whatever that may be! lol ;D

Anyway,,, thanks for all the praise everyone, and may you all find your due gold coin/s too!

P.S.

remember,

the road to gold- is paved with pull tabs!

HH

Lonewolfe

P.P.S.

I'll be cleaning the coin later today, and will post it in the Best finds section, and in the Picture Gallery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread