FOUND A GOLD COIN

Dirty Knees McGee

May 5, 2005
Sunny Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ 6.5x9, 9x12, & EXcelerator 10x14 DD coils
Re: I FOUND GOLD!!

Congrats, Lonewolf!!! It's been said by 40 plus members before me on this post, but my god that coin is beautiful and you deserve a find like that. I think the paramedics would have to revive me after a find like that! HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome find. You are now in the one tenth of one percent of MDer's who have found one. I am in the other percentage! Congrats!! HH

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

WOW,Thats so incredible Lonewolfe,GRATS ON YOUR AWESOME FIND.After 20years you deserve it.I hope you cleaned your pants before you went back.Thats going to be hard to beat.I hope its not 10 or 20 more years befoe your next great find.I would say HH,BUT HOW DO YOU BEAT THAT. 8) 8) 8) Is that a 1809 date?

F

Floater

Tears of Joy.

My Phone lines and Power were Down last night so I did not get the news until this morning here at work but I now have tears in my eyes. It's like watching a Son Graduate or a Daughter getting Married . I am so happy for you . Great work LoneWolf you deserve it.? :'( :'(.
Could someone Please Pass the tissues.? :'( :'( HH

I am also so happy this occasion could fall on my 900th Post.? :'( :'( Oh I need more tissues, Whaaa,sniff sniff.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida

Big Congrats! It definitely would have been the last thing I saw on this earth!(before keeling over!) :D Good Job! Great post! HH omnicognic 8)

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Floater said:
but I now have tears in my eyes. It's like watching a Son Graduate or a Daughter getting Married . I am so happy for you . Great work LoneWolf you deserve it.? :'( :'(.
Could someone Please Pass the tissues.? :'( :'( HH

I am also so happy this occasion could fall on my 900th Post.? :'( :'( Oh I need more tissues, Whaaa,sniff sniff.

LOL!

Funny Floater!

Thanks,

lonewolfe

F

Floater

It is funny , But its true. It must be that turning Fifty makes me emotional now. I may have to start using some of my wifes drugs. LOL

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's

Thats a completely AWESOME fnd!!!!!!!!I am extremely JEALOUS!!!Way to go!You are my idol! ;D ;D ;D

peace,bigrig

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc

:o :o nice coin you can see the feathers on the eagles breast...how fine is the detail on the headband is kinda hard to see from the pic... now I gotta find mine <s> let's see I started in the late 80's by your time table I am really over due

great find cngrats HH vrent

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Re: I FOUND GOLD!!!!!!

Way to go Lonewolfe...that is one beautiful coin..will be waiting to read about it in the W&E

dave

R

rusty nails

way to go lw :o and ;D - i will get out this weekend knock on wood - and try to find something like that - the key word is try -------------------------- allright allright allright................................................
leftybass

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Michigan Badger said:
Hum? I didn't think you were one of those who complained. When I wrote that above I was thinking of someone else.

Anyway, you've found one and that's what really counts! Congrats again!

Also, you found this coin by a personal residence. I've known for years now that these are the hottest places to hunt. Those very old Victorian era homes are awesome but it's often extremely difficult to gain access to them. Many (most) are historic sites and off limits.

Do you know of any other such places in your area? Hunt them and we'll all enjoy seeing another gold found post from you? ;D

badger

As a matter of fact,

I do know where a few more of these places are Badger,

my neighborhood/town is FULL of these types of homes,

this was a "logging town" with BIG lumber baron homes, as you well know since you're in MI, and know what they are and how many there are in a lot of the older towns!

I've got a few more picked out to do that I've had my eye on since I bought my own here (still not done with my own yard yet)! My house was built in 1868/9 and I've found a few goodies here so far ;D

This one's mine, and there's a LOT more like it, and even bigger/better ones with more yard than mine around here! Pics were taken last Nov. rgt before I bought it/moved in..

P.S.

Being that you're in real-estate,

you better NOT have done MY yard while it sat on the market for a few months!! j/k ;D

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 15,304
  • DriveSide.jpg
    DriveSide.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 15,221

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe

Nice place LW. Older homes are for sure the way to go. My house was built in 1863, but all who have lived here were older people(no little kids) thus I haven't found anything real old yet. Keep up the good work!!! ;D
HH
Greg

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

LW! All I can say is WOW! :o

That must have fallen out back when it was first issued. People may complain about it being dug, but it looks a lot better than if it had been overly circulated. I think it's beautiful and I'm so happy for you I'm not even jealous. I thought the other coin you found from that house was cool. I'd search that lot for the rest of my life. This is the lady that said you could hunt as long as it didn't cost you anything right? ::)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tried an earlier post but it didn't work. Hmmmmm ?Anyway, that is a great find there! Looking at one of the websites it shows valued between $145-$170.......BUT, the 1909-O is RARE! ?Do you have a mintmark on there? ?Hope you got a "O"!!

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh darn..I know that house! Always planned to sneak in there some night.? ;D

Seriously, you have a very good thing going for you there.

From reading your other posts I had no idea you were in that area. I had it figured the X left you with a can of beer and some butt wipes.? ;D

You're doing alright? 8)

Now go out there and get us another gold coin!

Best to you my friend.

LOL!

Yeah, it's a good thing badger!

as for 'divorce' and the X,

you should've seen me the 1st 2 yrs afterwards!

I lived in a "shoebox" basically - it was an efficiency apt. about 400 sq ft (no joke) >:(

HH

and lets get together for a hunt soon.

Whenever you have time, let me know,

Lonewolfe

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300

:o wowza! That's one nice coin. I was just looking at the Heritage Coins website and it claims those coins are worth 145.00 - 170.00 That's cool. It also says 1909-o mints are rarer- what mint is yours, I can't tell!
Congrats man! It gives me hope when other Michiganders find cool items! I'm still waiting for my first Silver! But I'm excited to go looking again because of your find! Awesome!

Tara

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread