OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I FOUND GOLD!!!!!!

KalamazooHunter said:
:o wowza! That's one nice coin. I was just looking at the Heritage Coins website and it claims those coins are worth 145.00 - 170.00 That's cool. It also says 1909-o mints are rarer- what mint is yours, I can't tell!
Congrats man! It gives me hope when other Michiganders find cool items! I'm still waiting for my first Silver! But I'm excited to go looking again because of your find! Awesome!

Tara

It's just a 1909 plain (no mint mark).

K-zoo huh?

I've hunted down that way a few times,

Good luck to ya,

HH

Lonewolfe

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

Those coins wear completely differently from how other coins wear. This coin has incuse designs meaning the designs are below the surface of the coin instead or raised.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Great find lonewolf, you earned it man. Things wouldn't be the same if you dug a gold coin in your first couple years of detecting. You sort of need it as your drive to keep searching. That is a beauty and they are out there. I know a guy who found a 1899 ten dollar gold coin in one of our local parks.

I'm just waiting for my day to come. Now all you can shoot for is another gold coin in another value.

Great find I'd say good luck but looks like you have that on your side already.

HH Jeremy

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Congrats Lonewolf! Gold is beautiful no matter where you find it. Although it might have been a little embarrasing if it was in your own yard all this time. ;D Best of luck and hope you find the $10 one to match. HH stoney56

N

nutso

Hope it don't take me 20 years. Great find dude!

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stoney56 said:
Congrats Lonewolf! Gold is beautiful no matter where you find it. Although it might have been a little embarrasing if it was in your own yard all this time. ;D Best of luck and hope you find the $10 one to match. HH stoney56

Yeah, I agree,

If I would've found it in my yard, I'd be feeling a little embarrassed about not finding it until now! lol

A $10 Indian gold!!??

That would be the ultimate (besides the $20 Saint)!

I do like the design of the $10 Indian though ;D

Heck, I like the one I found!!

Good luck to all in your gold quest!

HH

Lonewolfe

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida

That is a beyond fabulous find! Congratulations!!!!
Your previous post about the neighbor house must have been on my mind when I fell asleep last night... I dreamed about it! I dreamed that I was driving by a group of old houses and I excitedly told my friend that "those are the kind of houses that Lonewolfe was talking about!!!"... And, in the dream, I decided not to hunt the properties because I would have been inconveniencing my friends. Yeah - like THAT would ever happen in real life! LOL!
Well done, Lonewolfe - you are an inspiration!

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Free2Dtect said:
Lonewolfe, nobody has posted that the coin is a difficult design to grade and that it might grade up to AG! Just joking!? Just goes to show you never know when and where they turn up. Later

;D

funny pete!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont

Congrats Lonewolf. After twenty years you have earned it. They say the first is the hardest. Now go and find the next one. By the way, did you recheck that hole....Great find. Lance

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

comfyinvermont said:
Congrats Lonewolf.? After twenty years you have earned it.? They say the first is the hardest.? Now go and find the next one.? By the way, did you recheck that hole....Great find.? Lance

Yup,

checked it about 5 times to be EXTRA sure there wasn't another one hiding in there!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whoa dude, many congrats! You are one of the few that has achieved what we are all looking for, that is a very beautiful looking gold coin. I doubt it's corrosion on the coin but maybe just some mold and grit. 20 years to find a gold coin, I have about 5 more to go then, LOL! Congrats on the great find LW! HH, Mike

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bavaria Mike said:
Whoa dude, many congrats!? You are one of the few that has achieved what we are all looking for, that is a very beautiful looking gold coin.? I doubt it's corrosion on the coin but maybe just some mold and grit.? 20 years to find a gold coin, I have about 5 more to go then, LOL!? Congrats on the great find LW!? HH, Mike

Thanks Mike,

been a little while,

finding anything cool across the BIG pond there lately!?

HH

Lonewolfe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

sorry its taken me so long to respond.with so many posts i assumed you were talking about a ring and i took my time getting to this post. MMMMMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTLY STUNNING!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS MAN,like badger said if anyone deservers a find like that its you. i almost said that could be the find of a lifetime but as i recall you have at least one more grand slam!!......that REALLY is stunning! if that doesnt get your blood pumping your dead!

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Michigan Badger said:
The question is, will fame and fortune spoil lonewolfe?

Just some 48 hours ago (or so) he was Joe-blow coin shooter. Now he's got women dreaming about him and even those with access to ancient hunting grounds envy him!

Anyway, time will tell if this will ruin an otherwise incredibly awesome THer. Will he lay back, get fat, have his detector dipped in bronze, and become one of those brusque old bores who lives only in the "old days?" Personally I just can't see him out there on the porch chewing a big wad and mumbling about how it used-ta-be.

No, no! ...Say it isn't so!

LOL!

NEVER!!

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hollowpointred said:
sorry its taken me so long to respond.with so many posts i assumed you were talking about a ring and i took my time getting to this post. MMMMMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTLY STUNNING!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS MAN,like badger said if anyone deservers a find like that its you. i almost said that could be the find of a lifetime but as i recall you have at least one more grand slam!!......that REALLY is stunning! if that doesnt get your blood pumping your dead!

Thanks hollowpoint,

it was a shock when 1st seen in the hole, that's for sure, and I don't think my blood presure has come back to normal yet! lol

HH

Lonewolfe

CS110

Feb 12, 2005

Well done! Don't know what else to say except for Congratulations! Right now your the envy of everyone here. You earned it after the years of detecting you've put in. Way to go, you deserve it.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I FOUND A GOLD COIN!!!!!

That's not a dug coin because that doo dad on the whatchamacallit doesn't match the thingy on the what's its name. Any fool can see that! ;) Hope this is your only negative post! :D Great find and congratulations! JIM

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: I FOUND A GOLD COIN!!!!!

Darn nice find!
I'll bet you were shaking all over after you picked it up. How many times did you drop it while trying to look at it?
Did you believe it was real right away?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread