OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I FOUND A GOLD COIN!!!!!

jimmileo said:
That's not a dug coin because that doo dad on the whatchamacallit doesn't match the thingy on the what's its name.? Any fool can see that! ;) Hope this is your only negative post! :D? Great find and congratulations! JIM

LOL!

Thanks Jim,

good luck to you (and remember- it was the "GTI 2500" that helped me find it)!!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bk said:
Darn nice find!
I'll bet you were shaking all over after you picked it up. How many times did you drop it while trying to look at it?
Did you believe it was real right away?

How did you know!?

I actually dropped it 2xs while looking at it before pocketing it, because I was so nervous/excited!

It was a feeling more overwhelming than the 1st gold ring I found (and yes- I can remember it)!

HH

lonewolfe

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mike28 said:
? I just have to say it really couldnt have happend to a better guy and I hope it doesnt take you 20 DAYS not years to top it!

? You have been a big help to everyone, always helping the rest of us out, thank you!

? AND.... wow!! that is beutiful!!!

Thank you Mike28,

it's nice to feel I've helped someone in some way!

HH

Lonewolfe

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

BTW, are you gonna have Pete help with changing your avatar? ;D Name change to Loneshewolfe. LOL

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

G R E A T F I N D...............N I C E P I X T O O.......................I am h a p p y 4 y o u .......
Y o u h a v e b e e n a t i t f o r a w h i l e , a n d p r o b a b l y n e e d e d t h i s t o p u t s o m e o f t h e
e x c i t e m e n t b a c k i n T . H . .......W H A T A R U S H T H A T M U S T H A V E B E E N............................
T E N Y E A R S F R O M N O W , I B E T Y O U C O U L D G O B A C K T H E R E .......
A N D P O I N T T O T H E S P O T Y O U F O U N D I T A N D C O M E W I T H I N 6 I N C H E S ......O F I T .......
C O N G R A T S M A N ................ Y O U D E S E R V E I T ! H a p p y H u n t i n g

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca

lonewolfe said:
bk said:
Darn nice find!
I'll bet you were shaking all over after you picked it up. How many times did you drop it while trying to look at it?
Did you believe it was real right away?

How did you know!?

I actually dropped it 2xs while looking at it before pocketing it, because I was so nervous/excited!

It was a feeling more overwhelming than the 1st gold ring I found (and yes- I can remember it)!

HH

lonewolfe
Lone-- not to distract from your newest find--(Cause obviously you sit nude on a snow covered peak...The GURU of GOLD. LOL.... sorry you really had a impact on us with that 1/2 eagle. So I'm pullin yur chain).... I'd like to remind folks that this coin( In my opinion,and historically) IS GOLD but your BAR COPPER (first circulation c.1785!!!) is the find( or one of the finds) of a lifetime. And about a 1000x rarer than the 1909 $5 !!You folks can check it out in best finds. Lone, doesn't wanna admit it,, but that coin could fetch $5000+!! at auction these days.And I mention it because I think its the rarest COIN I've seen posted!! You just keep hittin em outta the park...To consistently bring home NEWSWORTHY finds shows us" Great detectorist aren't made---their BORN.. ..GL==== resurector

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

WOW!!!
What a great find... I was wondering if any of those were in the ground,, I now know there was atleast one... ;D
I bet you'll be feeling that rush for quite some time...
Congradulations, WTG, Woo-Hoo...

S

SD MUDDOG

Congradulations on 100 replies to your coin find. May you recieve 100 more. Good jod Lonewolf. ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

resurector said:
Lone-- not to distract from your newest find--(Cause obviously you sit nude on a snow covered peak...The GURU of GOLD. LOL.... sorry you really had a impact on us with that 1/2 eagle. So I'm pullin yur chain).... I'd like to remind folks that this coin( In my opinion,and historically) IS GOLD but your BAR COPPER (first circulation? c.1785!!!) is the find( or one of the finds) of a lifetime. And about a 1000x rarer than the 1909 $5 !!You folks can check it out in best finds. Lone, doesn't wanna admit it,, but that coin could fetch $5000+!! at auction these days.And I? mention it because I think its the rarest COIN I've seen posted!! You just keep hittin em outta the park...To consistently bring home NEWSWORTHY finds shows us" Great detectorist aren't made---their BORN.. ..GL====? resurector

Thanks for bringing this up resurector,

you make a good point,,, the gold coin is a nice find and definitely a coin that most all detectorist aim to find within their detecting career (so to speak)

but

the bar copper is/was a "once in a life time" find of all finds (at least to me) and you are correct that it has historical significance far beyond a common $5 gold eagle,

You wanna know the sad part though?? I did sell the Bar Cent, but,

when I found that copper, I was up north of here by 100 miles or so, and in an old logging town detecting a site with a lot of history (more than I knew at the time),,, I hit a signal at 10+ inches and out came the piece,,,

I took it home, cleaned it up, and began looking for what it might be through books, asking people, etc. (it was before the internet was in 80% of homes) and I didn't own a computer at that time.

Well, a few yrs passed, and I never found out what it was (as I never thought to look in the "Red Book") because I thought it was a token of some sort,

anyway,

I put it in a coffee can with a pile of other cool stuff I found over the yrs, and listed it on ebay as one big "dug lot" of detector finds (more of which I didn't know what it was- but WISH I had now) because I do know what most of it is/was now,,,

the final price for the entire lot reached $124.00 and some change,

I shipped it off to the winner, and 2yrs later (3 yrs ago) was showing my friend the pics of the coin, and he told me I made the biggest mistake of my life,

he whipped out a Red Book, and there it was (plain as day) pg 53 of the 53rd edition (yr 2000)

and even though I had the same book sitting here for all those yrs, I never thought of looking for the coin in it because as I said, I thought it was a "token" or something..

You want to talk about a guy that was angry, depressed, and feeling what words can not describe??

I was sick for weeks because the WORST part is/was,

I've been a coin collector since an early teen (mid 70s) and I thought I knew my coins, but when I realized what I let slip away for "nothing" because I didn't do my "homework"

I began reading/researching TONS of material on colonial coppers, and a whole lotta other things as well!

I believe that IF the T-net would've been around back then, I could have shown the pic of the coin, and would've known almost instantly what I had because someone would have ID'd it for me, and saved me from my own lack of knowledge at that time!!

We're ALL lucky to have a place such as this forum these days because just a few yrs back, there wasn't any place like this and you couldn't just pop onto some site to ask questions about how to, what is it, where do I, what's the best detector, how do I use it, etc. etc. etc.

Some people have NO clue as to the value of info there is on this site, and sites like it.

That's why I feel more (a LOT more) people should donate and become charter members to help preserve this info/site.

HH and remember,

DON'T sell any of your finds UNtil you know exactly what they are! lol ;D

Lonewolfe

F

floatcopper

Hi! This is my first posting here on TreasureNet.

I just want to say that I'm very happy for you and hope you find many more great treasures.

floatcopper

buudman

Mar 31, 2005
phila.pa

LONEWOLF. THAT IS ONE NICE FIND. CONGRATS. THE EXCITEMENT MUST HAVE BEEN ONE HUGE RUSH. THAT IS WHAT IM SHOOTING FOR GOLD COIN. BUD.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats LW.

awsome find.

jeff

van Gogh

Jun 1, 2005
-*- Iowa -*-
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum, Minelab Explorer II, strong back and a weak mind

I would say that your perseverance has really paid off! Congratulations to you! Heck, I get a thrill just from seeing your picture. What a rush!
Perhaps there is a second gold coin out there with your name on it..... :) And a third.... ;)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Lonewolfe,

Congrats on finding the gold ! It is really beautiful. I'm really glad for you. Now, can I take my "GTI-1500" and touch your "GTI-2500" for some of that luck ? LOL !

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks again for all the praise and support from everyone,

I hope you all find your own gold coin/s one day very soon!

Jeff,

you found one a few yrs back too- didn't you!?

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread