FOUND A GOLD COIN

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 1st "true" gold coin find in 20+ yrs of metal detecting!!

I went back to the "Curb side find- Georgian revival house" this eve. for about 45 minutes (couldn't make it last night) and after hunting the front area again with little to show for it, decided to try the side of the house where an old small brick walk leads to a back side door of the house.

I was walking/swinging the coil, and after about 3/4ths of the way to the door, I got a solid mid-level tone- strong in the gold/nickel area of my GTI 2500,

dug down about 4 or 5 inches and I couldn't believe my eyes!!

I about had a heart attack rgt then and there!

You can see the green corrosion on it from being in the ground for so long, and it's not more than a VF/XF grade at best BUT, "it's a gold coin just the same"!!

I'm so fired up that I wanna go back and hunt all night but thought I'd run home and post this 1st! ;D

Attachments

• goldIH 001.jpg
    goldIH 001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 21,020
  • goldIH 002.jpg
    goldIH 002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 20,232

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Re: I FOUND GOLD!!

ITS THE HOLY GRAIL OF DETECTING!!!!
? ? ? ? Lone--You have reached the summit after 20yrs now sit back and enjoy!!! I'm fired-up just lookin at a Gold coin that just hours ago rested in the ground!! That must been somethin, see'in shiny gold against that dark soil...I can only guess, I haven't got there yet. But your post is the next best thing!!! It'll probably be hard gettin stoked over large cents and the like after this one. Maybe this is just the first in a long line of EAGLES ready to land in your nest,, EH?? WHATA FIND--you da man-- envious of you..resurector

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003

THAT
IS
INCREDIBLE.

You may now rest easily knowing that you have accomplished that which few MDers ever will.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units

Great job. And I spent all day detecting on the stupid beach. At least I worked on my tan.
We're proud of you.
xXx

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

most excellent lonewolfe!!! congratulations!! a milestone. i can only imagine. tear it up boy.go gitcha some more.

good luck,jimmy

S

SD MUDDOG

:o WOW!! Thats awesome. Research pays off I see. Now get back there and unearth that house!!

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks everyone,

I'm on my way back now, it's only a few house from me, so, I will probably go till mid-night or so!

Will update tomorrow with any and all finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX

I am so incredibly happy for you!

And I'd say you have earned that gold coin after 20 years of detecting.

I am getting all excited just looking at the pics. ?Thanks for posting them and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you Lonewolfe.

JT

S

skydiv

I get so many remarks about how stupid I look with headphones on and digging holes but this is what makes it worth it. nice coin

djduk00

Jun 7, 2005

VVVVVVVVery nice hope it isnt for you but could be a find of a lifetime.

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.

HEY LONEWOLFE. ONE WORD. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO, YOU REALLY DESERVE IT. THE ROOSTER

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That is absolutely spectacular, Lonewolf.? :o? You won't sleep tonight! ?Sometimes, the best finds are close to home. ?Good Luck tonight!

Weren't you just "complaining" that nobody was finding any great things?? I guess you had to go out and do it yourself! :P

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75

You may as well retire that detector now...What could possibly top that????

Congrats my man!!!!!

Can I just touch it for good luck?

adb2

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2005
georgia

SWWEEEEEET !!!!! ?Not only a great find, That's a great photo of your find. ?Any special equipment used for that shot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread