Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the cool finds. I found 2 eagle butttons last weekend and I know I got excited! Yours are in better shape than mine but they still count!! There's nothing better than a little research that pays off! Once again, I share in your excitement! Good job! :headbang: :icon_thumleft:

Steve ;D

That plate was awesome, hope you find more!!!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Outstanding hunt! Good to see patience and research pay off!
HH
Baggins

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Nice finds!!!!!!! I dream of finding ANYTHING civil war!!!!!!! My question is, when people find these plates, what is the most common reason they were lost? I imagine some of them are where the soldier was killed and never recovered?? Or did the plate just fall off of the buckle while running or something? or fall off of something else while in transport? Somebody please give me some scenarios!! May help in my search if i understand these things. Thanks!! I do have some civil war activity in my vacinity if I can only get permission to hunt some of the private property where it took place. Or luck up and find a campsite or something that is not public info. Dreams about that.........

bearisme

Apr 8, 2008
I got to do a little work in sharpsburg for a construction company a few years ago installing sewer lines...we found some pretty decent stuff around the area its a nice place to hunt .........if ya know the right people,,,congrats on your foresight and research.....

Troyounce

Nov 18, 2003
Clyde,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
GP3000
TESORO LOBO
GARRETT GTI 2500 + Eagle eye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Good finds! Congrats on the first ones there! Rare to find a spot like that :icon_thumright:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
First time that I saw this post. Very nice finds. Did you all find anything else? It is rare to find Civil war sites that were not worked or protected. Nice research! It really paid off. Keep working!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

agent132

Greenie
Mar 20, 2014
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Garett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I live in Leesburg and have hit the edges of this area. I'm interested to hear what you've got and if you'd want to do a joint hunt here sometime. I'm still relatively a newbie but I'm competent. :occasion14:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Yall get a lot more relics from your virgin site?
And is that site still giving up relics.
just Curious .
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Yall get a lot more relics from your virgin site?
And is that site still giving up relics.
just Curious .
Davers

Don't Really Care Then.LOL

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the research...awesome finds!

Apr 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you saying virgin civil war site, if you can prove it this is going to be a life changing event for you people all the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread