Trokair

Mar 26, 2010
Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to drop another great review for Big Boys Hobbies. This is my first purchase from the them and I found them right here on the Treasurenet forums.

Pros: Shipped/Delivered in 4 days. Box was packed really well to make sure nothing moved around to the point where they taped together additional cardboard for packaging. A really great job.

They offered flexibility with accessory packages although you won't need it. Everything in their included packages is the actual grade A stuff you would be buying anyway.

Cons: Paid $80 more than I would have from another place (full retail). Made up for in the quality of the bundled package. If you don't want any accessories then this could be an issue but Big Boys has great things bundled.

No Military Veteran discount. They have a discount on this model for Retired and Active but no Vet which is something that gets under my skin but that's for another topic.

Overall: This is the way that the business should be when it comes to selling detectors. Don't just bundle 20 pieces of cheap junk with it. The Excalibur II package from Big Boys Hobbies is a 0 to 100 in quality beach detecting. Will buy from them again.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart is the man. I've made several purchases from bigboyshobbies with zero problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread