Bart from Big Boys Hobbies does it again.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Etrac.jpg Last week I purchased a Etrac from Bart at [email protected]. I had researched for over a year and decided I wanted a Etrac for my hunts to get the old coins. Ordered on Wednesday, received on Friday by UPS. The unit and accessory’s was packaged well in three layers of Cardboard and plastic covers. I purchased option 3 for a package deal to get the second 6 inch sniper coil. I also enjoyed the heavy duty bag, digger, hat, gloves and Grey Ghost headphones. As you can see Bart offers packages that give you everything you need to go hunting. This is the second Detector I bought as I also own the AT Pro from Barts. I have tried others and was not comfortable with the transactions. If you buy from Bart, be assured of a great trouble free deal. If there should be a question after the sale, Bart is quick to reply and help. I also must add the package deal items are not cheap. The Lesche digger is a real digger and not a Home Depot knock off. Bart is a credit to the Forum and the hobby.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you learn the Etrac, you won't want to use anything else.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first two hunts were about the same. I am finding coins, relics, and aluminum screw caps lol. I have read till my eyes hurt. I have watched several hours of etrac videos. Played with threshold today. I have purposely went to very hard areas to hunt. I noise canceled under pow lines and the large junction boxes. I hunted in a trashy sandbox of a tot lot. I went to a street tear out. The discrimination works very good. I could hear the threashold break over junk targets. I was able to quick mask a few bad targets and all in all had a nice short hunt. I am getting used to the weight and balance of the etrac. May go back to stock coil to cover more ground. I am lacking one thing so far, that is depth on targets.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would recommend picking up a copy of Andy Sabisch's Etrac book. Lots of good info in that book.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would recommend picking up a copy of Andy Sabisch's Etrac book. Lots of good info in that book.

A copy was sent also and I can say it puts me to sleep. I just havent got to the good part yet. Many years ago I designed a obstacle course for my first detector, a Bounty Hunter 202. I tried very hard to fool this detector. I learned the limits of the machine and went on to find many a coin and ring. I did the same with the AT Pro and the F75. Now the Etrac is getting put through the paces. Andy Sabisch's Etrac book is very informative and I will have to read it a few times to take it all in. Lot of info in there. My best source of info is from users who post videos. I thought with my experience with the ather three detectors I would just pick it up and run with with it. Im at a slow crawl. I have had to change my whole way of thinking. While any detector is just a best guess. I have had to adjust my whole approach. After the AT Pro and F75 I feel like a turtle as I have to go slow. I am used to covering a lot of ground. Sorry if I seem over excited, I am I waited a long to time to get one. Cant wait to see what today brings.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow up on hunts.

Ringy Dingy, oh yea.

16797213_10208196915742257_2270028522863416506_o.jpg 1488223124021.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread