Big boy's Toys = A Happy Customer

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Davers, I'm glad you had a good experience with BBH's. I have never personally dealt with them, but have heard some positive feedback concerning their knowledge, customer service, and their bundle accessories (No trinquets and beads). Up until here recently I dealt primarily with Kellyco. I had purchased 3 detectors, numerous coils, detector bags, pro pointers, etc. from them since 2006. After a nightmarish adventure that resulted in a 4 week wait, I'm done with them. I believe I may have to send BBH's my business next time around. Hope you are enjoying your new detector.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea this was my first Detector Order Ever, I got a Radio Shack $20 deal when I was 10 yo 1981, It was good for a Man Hole Cover at 2 inches. lol

Then in 97 or 98 got a Whites Classic 3 from a nearby Dealer who sold them out of his House.
The Classic 3 had no Screen but it worked & I wore it out in 5 years , should have maintained it better.
A good buddy of mine in HS 'Brian' his Dad 'Don' detected & everytime I went to his house I loved looking at all his detecting Mag's. Funny I now own most of them.

I wish I chose NOT to party / Self Medicate in those years & detected 1986-1996. I missed ton's of relics. Doing drywall work in most of those W Cobb Neighborhoods that now cover the CW Areas :BangHead:. That's Life tho.

He always ordered from Kellyco until his last purchase in 2005 a Tejon from 'Bonnie Blue' Keith Cochran sold them out of Paulding Co, until this past year.

After my Whites broke down , I had about a 10 year lull in detecting , I still went 1 or 2 times a Month but not like almost everyday as I did in the late 90's . Or like I have since 2012.

Anyway I would usually burrow one of Don's Machines , well I bought a used Big Box Whites Spectrum XLT in 2002 but it' unknowing to me ' had issues. (ditched it) then around 2005 I bought a Whites Big Box Coin Master, W / Meter, it worked OK for about a year then started having issues . + It was HEAVY.
Then about 2008 Don Gave me his old 12-66X , I did well with it on my rare hunts at that time.
It had a Battery Compartment Short & slight Meltdown Sooo, it was out of action.

In about 2011 I went to see Don , & his Smaller Box XLT was sitting on the front porch of his Apt.
I said to him "What the Heck?" He says 'it's messin up & i'm waiting for someone to take it"
I told him I would & he gave it to me , it's only problem was the battery pack was not getting a good connection down inside the Box, & all I had to do was rig it where the batt pack would not move. I told him this & he said keep it I got this Tejon if I ever go hunting again. He was in his late 60's & had health issues.:unhappysmiley:

Sorry for the life story, This XLT served me Very Well until these past couple years (the batt pack issue got worse , connectors are coming loose (I can fix this tho ) & now As on all my Whites machines I get a strong beep when the loop hits a rock or Sapling , Sticker bush etc, :BangHead:

I bought his Tesoro Tejon in 2013 It works well (but I like to have a screen in those trashy areas & when Scouting new sites.)
So ! The XLT works but I'm not confident to get it to far from the Car.
The Tejon is Cool but I like to use it in Hunted Hard sites .
I got the 1266X working again but like the Whites it's a close to car Machine.
Now I got a Hot Screen machine that I'm not afraid to walk Miles back into the Woods.
I just need to find some new CW Woods .

I will let you know how it goes.
Enjoy the Novel.
Davers

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered a G2 Bundle on Friday the March 3rd & it arrived on Wed March 8.
Now that's Speed .
Now to figure this thing out.
Thanks BBH
Would recommend BBH to anyone wanting A new /Used Detector or Accessories .
Davers:hello2:

Thanks Davers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread