Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dan not came across that here where I live but I do remember a vid that Darin over in the UK put out in reference to hot rocks or coke as he called it. If I can find it I'll post it up. He had done some great instructional vids.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we don't have the hot rocks you can stick a magnet to, but they still bang . I would imagine the blistool runs hot.I did comment on a video from a dealer in Florida he said you would no the difference in the tone. thanks for the reply

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out "Blisstool Detecting" over on you tube. Many vids on settings. This is the guy I spoke of.

Codheads1951

May 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot rocks

Check out "Blisstool Detecting" over on you tube. Many vids on settings. This is the guy I spoke of.

i have a blisstool 2 vi, I have a piece of copper, iron, hot rock, ground balance is what is important......listen to the different sounds hot coke grunt, but if your discrimination is too high it wipes out a lot of items with iron, after a while the machine tells you near on what is under the ground, I,m now looking at buying a v6 the beast..........les

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in a steel town where they've been using steel plant slag as land fill for almost 100 years. My v3 will pick up some hot rocks and it will give a sporatic jumpy tone on others. Pretty much the same as any other machines I've used. It's just part of the hobby you have to suffer through.

I really only use my machine in areas I've already cleaned the junk out of, or bush lots or older sites without a lot of junk. It's useless in modern trash but after fighting the machine's poorly made pots and getting the machine set up nice, it sure can pull keepers. The build quality is horrible though lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread