think i found a bottle dump.....

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
.....right across the street from my new home....i was walking down the street and looked down into the drainage ditch between the newer townhouses and a permanantly preserved farm next to my home...i always pick up any trash i see in the woods and alongside the streets in my developement...so many slobs...and this is a developement of fairly expensive homes...you'd be surprised how many bags of dog crap i pick up...how do you walk your dog, pick up his droppings and then throw the bag in the woods/ :icon_scratch:...hanging from trees...lying on the ground...makes no sense to go through the trouble of picking it up only to throw both the crap and the plastic bag in the woods where kids play...a-holes :angry5:...then there's the slobs who throw everything out the window from cans to reciepts from the bank....anyway i digress...i looked over and saw bottles in the ditch a little ways into the woods...i went down with intention to pick up what i saw thinking it was just some kids party site...then i noticed that not all the bottles were liqour bottles...all were screw cap so i knew they weren't that old but they weren't that new either...the only thing was some of the bottles i started pulling out didnt look like liquor bottles...some of them may have been cough sysrup bottles used for a cheap drunk but others looked to be household bottles and others i couldnt identify....i stopped pulling the bottles because i couldn't carry anymore and left...i know there are others buried in the dirt and in the weeds but it is so thick in there i would have to wait till winter to be able to move around in there....so i'm wondering...is this a dump behind the existing farm or was this a dump from the farm that was sold to build our development....i'm going to try and locate the existing farmer anyway because i want to look for arrowheads and other artifacts in his fields once he harvests his soybeans...so i guess i'll ask him about the bottles and see if i can have at it ...wish me luck...i'm really hoping it is a dump as i have been dying to find and dig one...love those bottles....HH

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
might find some good stuff but i think you should wear gloves just in case...aa

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Hi MisterGee......

When I was a youngster, my Grandfather would take us to the Scwenksville firehouse for smorgasbord once a month on a Sunday. This was early 60's. The food was great and really inexpensive. The fire chief's wife made all the bread and it was out of this world. Just thought I'd share that. Good luck with the dumpdiving this winter.

HH,

root

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread