Glass Whisky Flasks from the Cape Fear

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looks like you have a great glass detector...what brand is it? ;) Really great bottles, Charles.

Darren

OP
OP
C

Charles,Oak Island

Thanks Darren,
saving the best bottles for last. One of these days I am going to take one of the U/W detectors with me. A freinds father who is now in his 80's told me a store of going down to the fishing pier with his father when he was a small child. He remembers seeing the fishermen being paid in gold coins and the? guy with the coins dropped his pouch in the water. (wherehe is talking about is (20-25 ft deep) except for slack tide the water is ripping. Back then there were no scuba dives sitting on the beach. Said far as he knows the coins are still down there. Also don't for get this area was infested with pirates.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Whadya mean one of these days?!!! You've got 3 underwater detectors! That's a great story...go get 'em and post some pics here. Or better yet, get published. ;D

OP
OP
C

Charles,Oak Island

come down this fall and I'll loan you one. Then you can write the story.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Charles said:
come down this fall and I'll loan you one. Then you can write the story.
Okay, okay...I get it. Tons of trash with minimal chance of return and plenty of blend-o-matics to encourage divers. I just had a greed gland moment when you told the story. But still... ;)

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,Tesoro Lobo ST, Gold Bug ,Minelab probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charles, Here is what your bottles looked like before they were thrown in to the river.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/icanfind2001/detail?.dir=58be&.dnm=cef8.jpg

[center][img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/icanfind2001/detail?.dir=58be&.dnm=8e01.jpg​
[/img][/center]

Click on thumb nail to enlarge, Tax Stamp is dated 1932.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Desertdigger, are those the ones you found in the Superdome diggings??? With labels?

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, this one was in a wall in an old house, back label says to be sold for medicinal purposes only, yeah , like snakebite! I have been trying to take some pictures of some of my New Orleans bottles and put them on here, see any you like , holler!

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O'Well I am trying to learn, the moderator will be banning me for size unless I get the hang of this, the pictures sure don't come out like they are in the file!! I though 7 KB was small!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread