Illinois Bottle dump

Aday

Apr 9, 2009
Roanoke Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi this is my first post here :) and saw there was a bottle hunter forum so I just wanted to share some info I know.
I know of an old dump in central Illinois that I think they stopped using sometime in the fourties maybe fifties, When I was fifteen or sixteen (fifteen years ago now) you could walk through the wooded area and kick some leaves around and pick up old clorox bottles, soda bottles (my brother still has an old Crush bottle with a guy with an orange for a head on the front), I found many small vials and perfume bottles.
The boyscouts did a cleanup of the area 6 or 7 years ago and got almost all the stuff off the top, but I can only imagine there is still quite abit buried there.
Well anyhow, If you happen to be in the area of Eureka, Illinois. There is Eureka lake, behind the lake in a wooded area next to a soccer field is where the old dump was. The area is prone to flooding which I guess could explain why some of the bottles were still on the surface.
I hope this info can be of use to someone, gl and have fun! ;D

seanmurray2

Oct 15, 2009
Hello.....i would like to check this out. Are you up for a field trip? I am in Springfied and normally detect, but I have this bottle bug right now and woud like to take a shovel to this site. let me know how to contact you...

sean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread