Explorer

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
midmich said:
I am hoping someone here can help me. I have been offered what has been stated to be "a fairly large" collection of Fanta bottles from the 60's & early 70's. Can anyone tell me if they could be worth the trouble of picking up? I see on ebay there are a few full bottles a caps, but not too much at all.
Thanks for any help.
I'd say that if you're a fan and collector of Fanta, or bottle collection in general, go for it. Otherwise, I would imagine you might have a tough time unloading them for a profit.

OP
OP
M

midmich

May 21, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer
Well, that's what I was wondering. I'm not really interested in collecting them. I just thought with nothing invested, I might be able to make a little money.
Thanks

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
midmich said:
Well, that's what I was wondering. I'm not really interested in collecting them. I just thought with nothing invested, I might be able to make a little money.
Thanks
I'd do a little research to see if there's a market for the collection. There's not much on eBay, so that's a start. Is this collection being advertised somewhere, is that how you found it? If it's not being advertised, then it may be possible to scoop up a good deal. But if it's been advertised and there are no other takers, that says a lot about your chances for selling at an even higher price.

Honestly, Fanta is extremely popular is a lot of southern states and Mexico, and has been for a good while, so there's bound to be a lot of bottles floating around. Actually, I know that a lot of those bottles were recycled in the 60's and 70's, so there's a good chance some of the bottles you're looking at were the same ones manufactured that were still being used into the mid to late 80's.

OP
OP
M

midmich

May 21, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer
It wasn't advertised. A co-oworker said his neighbor has them & just wants them ot of his house.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
midmich said:
It wasn't advertised. A co-oworker said his neighbor has them & just wants them ot of his house.
That's a little more encouraging. Hey, if the price is right, you can afford to put the money into an investment that may take time to pay off, and you have the storage room, why not take a chance?

Mr Ripley

Jul 31, 2009
Western PA
af1733 brings up some good points.

One that I may add is that if the gentleman with the bottles took the time to collect them, you would assume that if there was a real monetary value he would not just give them away to "get them out of his house". He would know if there was a legitimate market or not. Not even a craigslist attempt would make me wonder. :icon_scratch:

JMHO, you guys have a great weekend!

Mr R

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mr Ripley said:
af1733 brings up some good points.

One that I may add is that if the gentleman with the bottles took the time to collect them, you would assume that if there was a real monetary value he would not just give them away to "get them out of his house". He would know if there was a legitimate market or not. Not even a craigslist attempt would make me wonder. :icon_scratch:

JMHO, you guys have a great weekend!

Mr R
An excellent point, Mr. R. There may be more going on with this seller?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread