Fanta brand pop bottles
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

May 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Explorer

Fanta brand pop bottles

I am hoping someone here can help me. I have been offered what has been stated to be "a fairly large" collection of Fanta bottles from the 60's & early 70's. Can anyone tell me if they could be worth the trouble of picking up? I see on ebay there are a few full bottles a caps, but not too much at all.
    Thanks for any help.

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    21 times

Re: Fanta brand pop bottles

Quote Originally Posted by midmich
    I am hoping someone here can help me. I have been offered what has been stated to be "a fairly large" collection of Fanta bottles from the 60's & early 70's. Can anyone tell me if they could be worth the trouble of picking up? I see on ebay there are a few full bottles a caps, but not too much at all.
    Thanks for any help.
    I'd say that if you're a fan and collector of Fanta, or bottle collection in general, go for it. Otherwise, I would imagine you might have a tough time unloading them for a profit.
    We all know there's no such thing as a "hunted out" location. Let's stop using that phrase to describe a park out of which you just dug a pile of coins! Obviously that particular place wasn't "hunted out", right?

May 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Explorer

Well, that's what I was wondering. I'm not really interested in collecting them. I just thought with nothing invested, I might be able to make a little money.
    Thanks

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    21 times

Well, that's what I was wondering. I'm not really interested in collecting them. I just thought with nothing invested, I might be able to make a little money.
    Thanks
    I'd do a little research to see if there's a market for the collection. There's not much on eBay, so that's a start. Is this collection being advertised somewhere, is that how you found it? If it's not being advertised, then it may be possible to scoop up a good deal. But if it's been advertised and there are no other takers, that says a lot about your chances for selling at an even higher price.

Honestly, Fanta is extremely popular is a lot of southern states and Mexico, and has been for a good while, so there's bound to be a lot of bottles floating around. Actually, I know that a lot of those bottles were recycled in the 60's and 70's, so there's a good chance some of the bottles you're looking at were the same ones manufactured that were still being used into the mid to late 80's.
    We all know there's no such thing as a "hunted out" location. Let's stop using that phrase to describe a park out of which you just dug a pile of coins! Obviously that particular place wasn't "hunted out", right?

May 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Explorer

It wasn't advertised. A co-oworker said his neighbor has them & just wants them ot of his house.

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    21 times

It wasn't advertised. A co-oworker said his neighbor has them & just wants them ot of his house.
    That's a little more encouraging. Hey, if the price is right, you can afford to put the money into an investment that may take time to pay off, and you have the storage room, why not take a chance?

us
    Jul 2009
    Western PA
    23 times

af1733 brings up some good points.

One that I may add is that if the gentleman with the bottles took the time to collect them, you would assume that if there was a real monetary value he would not just give them away to "get them out of his house". He would know if there was a legitimate market or not. Not even a craigslist attempt would make me wonder.

JMHO, you guys have a great weekend!

Mr R
    http://theabsorbingerrand.blogspot.com/

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    21 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ripley
    af1733 brings up some good points.

One that I may add is that if the gentleman with the bottles took the time to collect them, you would assume that if there was a real monetary value he would not just give them away to "get them out of his house". He would know if there was a legitimate market or not. Not even a craigslist attempt would make me wonder.

JMHO, you guys have a great weekend!

Mr R
    An excellent point, Mr. R. There may be more going on with this seller?

um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9926 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Unless he has some of the miniature 3" bottles I wouldn't bother with it. JMO

Sponsored Links