Extremely Rare Soda Pop Bottle

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
I collect soda pop bottles and thought I would share this one that recently crossed my path. It showed up on eBay and sold for $526.26! I bid on it, but dropped out when it went over $100.00. That's usually my limit, and prefer to find or dig them. But this particular one is now at the top of my want list, and hopefully some day I will get my hands on one. "Waycool," who was the seller, has some of the coolest bottles, and I have bought several from him in the past. Here's the link if you would like to take a closer look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270513002123&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

1943 "Kidd's Cola" soda bottle, with image of pirate, treasure chest, and ship.

SODABOB

Attachments

• Pirate soda bottle.jpg
    Pirate soda bottle.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,581

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
This extremely rare ACL was bottled by Kidd's Cola Bottling Company of Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1943.

This is quoted from the seller.

OP
OP
SODABOTTLEBOB

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
sfinder ~

Check out the eBay link for details and closeups. It is definitely regional, and likely few to be found outside the Tulsa, Oklahoma area. (Other than what might be found in collections today, or carried cross-country in an automobile and tossed out the window somewhere along the way). Roadsides of old two lane highways are where I find most of my bottles, which total about 400 now! My rarest and most valuable to date is the "Bum's Root Beer" pictured below. It's from 1941, and is the only one I have ever found or seen. I wouldn't sell it for less than $250.00, which is about what it's worth in my opinion.

SBB

P.S. I'm having problems re-sizing. If someone can correct my image, please do so.

Gleaner1 ... Thanks. I've removed my image and will use your's.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
My pleasure Bob..........the second pic I got rid of the flash spots.....

Attachments

• Bum\'s Root Beer.jpg
    Bum\'s Root Beer.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,380
  • Bum\'s Root Beer.jpg
    Bum\'s Root Beer.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,651

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Wow, I guess I know what bottle to be on the lookout for now that I've moved to Tulsa! That is a cool bottle that I'd love to have though!!

OP
OP
SODABOTTLEBOB

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
jrsherman ~

Now that you live in Tulsa, Oklahoma, it may interest you to know there are laws there that are often overlooked, which new residents sometimes need reminded of. Here are just a few ... one of which pertains to soda bottles. Good luck, and good hunting ... Oh, and be sure to observe these laws.

SODABOB

~ * ~

Oklahoma Stupid laws:

Violators can be fined, arrested or jailed for making ugly faces at a dog.

Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.

Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.

In Bexley, Ohio, Ordinance number 223, of 09/09/19 prohibits the installation and usage of slot machines in outhouses.

It is illegal in Oklahoma to give liquor to a fish (Legal Lunacy)

Whale hunting is strictly forbidden throughout the entire state.

In Tulsa, kisses lasting more than three minutes are forbidden.

In Tulsa, Oklahoma, it is against the law to open a soda bottle without the supervision of a licensed engineer.

Harthahorne (Oklahoma) City Ordinance, Section 363, states that it shall be unlawful to put any hypnotized person in a display window.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread