Cleaned up my last finds, help on some I.D.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Found these at a Privy/ trash dump behind a C.1873 home. Cleaned em up a bit. Just can't figure out what the green one is or who made it. Any ideas? How about that little dinky one. Would that have been from perfume or something? And what about that Mason Jar lid with that funny flower looking thing in the lid, what the heck was that for? I think those glass flat pieces were from a mason lid. They all have patent dates back to 1876. Thanks for looking and thanks for the insite on anyone of them. P.S. Call me stupid but that green one has a pontil, right? Thanks......jgas

Attachments

• Cleaned 1.JPG
    Cleaned 1.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Cleaned 2.JPG
    Cleaned 2.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Cleaned 3.JPG
    Cleaned 3.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 256
  • Cleaned 4.JPG
    Cleaned 4.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 253
  • Cleaned 5.JPG
    Cleaned 5.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Cleaned 6.JPG
    Cleaned 6.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 258
  • Cleaned 7.JPG
    Cleaned 7.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 250
  • Cleaned 8.JPG
    Cleaned 8.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 255

ruccello

Jun 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2
Jgas, you're correct on the pontil scar on the bottom of the broken green one. You should keep digging, maybe you'll find a whole one. The others are pretty common bottles. Without a mark or name or pat. number, it's difficult to say who made it or exactly what it was used for. The little one could be perfume or some other oil or drug. The lids are canning jar lids - the jars had wire bails attached to them that held these caps down. I like the small square bottle with letters - some kind of extract? I've never seen a mason lid with that type of glass inside of it - no idea what that could be for. Nice finds, keep digging!

Richard

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
that lid is worth about 25.00 dollors. the white part holds the fruit down in the jar. great dump. keep digging

Road Dog

Apr 16, 2009
North Carolina
That multi-sided greeny with the open pontil is or was a Race & Sheldon Magic Waterproof Boot Polish. That is a Major Crier. A thousand or two for a bottle like that. That canning jar lid is some bucks too.

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Holy Cow guys. No wonder I am so geeked about this "sport." Thanks for all the information on this little mess of bottles and parts. I am going to get a longer probe and go back in search of another privy or trash pit. Looks like bottle digging has sucked another hunter in for the long haul..Thanks again for all the information guys! :thumbsup: jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread