Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can you post a pic?

OP
OP
ALABEAR

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Re: SFB Co. Bottle (Pictures)

Here is 2 pictures of the bottle. Alabear

Attachments

• IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2758.jpg
    IMG_2758.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 244

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_scratch: imo probably a medicine bottle that had a paper label.. i looked at a bottle book at hastings and didn't see a mention of sfb in medical or misc. GH

OP
OP
ALABEAR

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gonehunting said:
:icon_scratch: imo probably a medicine bottle that had a paper label.. i looked at a bottle book at hastings and didn't see a mention of sfb in medical or misc. GH
Just my luck to find something that I cannot get any info on. I always find things like this ??? Alabear

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ALABEAR said:
Gonehunting said:
Just my luck to find something that I cannot get any info on. I always find things like this ??? Alabear
I ve got a whole box of IDON'TKNOWS. I think we all do. well good luck in finding out more.

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
I'm pretty sure that "SFB CO." stands for "San Francisco Bottling Works" from California. I have seen references to it before. Try looking under that name and see what you can find. (I will check later myself, and post what I find if no one beats me too it).

Good Luck!

SODABOTTLEBOB

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
ALABEAR ~

Are you 100 % certain it is a "B" and not a "G" ? I can't imagine getting the two confused, unless it were a mold/melt problem of some kind, (which sometimes occurs). But your particular medicine bottle looks fairly generic, and seems like it shouldn't be all that difficult to find a maker identification. The listing below (which you likely have already seen from the same site posted earlier, and the one that most of us use), is the closest thing listed. If in fact it is a "B" and not a "G", it "may" still stand for a San Francisco related bottle maker, but I am beginning to doubt that now.

SBB :dontknow:

S-F.G.CO...............Sheldon-Foster Glass Company, Chicago, IL (1895-1913)

OP
OP
ALABEAR

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
SODABOTTLEBOB said:
ALABEAR ~

Are you 100 % certain it is a "B" and not a "G" ? I can't imagine getting the two confused, unless it were a mold/melt problem of some kind, (which sometimes occurs). But your particular medicine bottle looks fairly generic, and seems like it shouldn't be all that difficult to find a maker identification. The listing below (which you likely have already seen from the same site posted earlier, and the one that most of us use), is the closest thing listed. If in fact it is a "B" and not a "G", it "may" still stand for a San Francisco related bottle maker, but I am beginning to doubt that now.

SBB :dontknow:

S-F.G.CO...............Sheldon-Foster Glass Company, Chicago, IL (1895-1913)I looked at it real good and it is SFB Co. ??? I don't thing it is all that old. It is a machine made bottle. It has seams running up each side. Alabear

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
ALBEAR ~

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. And as you probably know, the kind of marks we are talking about would be who "Made" the bottle, and not who filled - labeled - and eventually sold it. This same exact bottle could have been used by hundreds of different medicinal bottlers, with hundreds of different labels. So without the label to identify it, it's just about as common as it gets. Thus, typically only worth a couple of dollars. But still a nice bottle. And no matter how common they may be, I still get excited everytime I dig one out of the ground that is as intact and in as good of shape as your's.

Take care,

SBB

OP
OP
ALABEAR

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
SODABOTTLEBOB said:
ALBEAR ~

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. And as you probably know, the kind of marks we are talking about would be who "Made" the bottle, and not who filled - labeled - and eventually sold it. This same exact bottle could have been used by hundreds of different medicinal bottlers, with hundreds of different labels. So without the label to identify it, it's just about as common as it gets. Thus, typically only worth a couple of dollars. But still a nice bottle. And no matter how common they may be, I still get excited everytime I dig one out of the ground that is as intact and in as good of shape as your's.

Take care,

SBB
I was just wanting some info on it because I could not find it on the internet. I did not dig this one I found it in the river diving. I know these old bottles are not worth anything, but as much work as I put into getting these old bottles I know I cannot sell them and make anything. So I just keep them and try to get the history on them. Thanks for everyone's help on this. Alabear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread