IMG_2805.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 725

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
:icon_thumleft:

Reguardless of who took who, I think it is a cool find. Emphasizes how the meaning of words change over time. Would love to know the history of the brand.

Good score in my book.

Lisa in So. Oregon

OP
OP
ALABEAR

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S
Leeame said:

Reguardless of who took who, I think it is a cool find. Emphasizes how the meaning of words change over time. Would love to know the history of the brand.

Good score in my book.

Lisa in So. Oregon
I think it is a knockoff from the Coke company

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALABEAR said:
Leeame said:

Good score in my book.

Lisa in So. Oregon
I think it is a knockoff from the Coke company

What in the world made you think that? There are hundreds of soft drink brand names that have come and gone through the years that had nothing to do with Coke. There was one in my county that was named "Hazel Cola" after the owner's daughter. Maybe your bottle was for a drink owned by someone with no imagination. "Gay-Ola"?? :laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
ALABEAR

ALABEAR

Mar 20, 2005
Bridgeport, Alabama
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD and some TESORO'S
I called a guy in Georgia who is a long time bottle collector. He told me these bottles where made by the Keen Bottle Company out of Chattanooga, Tn. in the early 1900's. He said if you have one in good condition it well bring $50.00. Soooooooo I guess I came out good on the $3.00 bottle :hello2: :thumbsup:

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll
I found 2 clear soda bottles under my ex wife's house embossed with W.M.D. & Son Sullivan, Ind. I looked them up and the site said they were Gay-Ola bottles

[AU:Magnet]

Apr 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this one up today at the old Flea Market. The guy wanted 5.00 for it. I talked him down to 3.00. I don't know if I hooked him or if he hooked me?? It is a Huntsville, Ala. bottle. Alabear

You talked down a $5 bottle? shame on you,,,,,,,LOL.
I have just joined this forum, as I hookah dive for gold rings, BUT, I have also been digging bottles for 20 years, glad I saw this link !
Nice GAY-OLA bottle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,never heard of it. [I am from OZ]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread