A listerine Bottle (PICS)

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this listerine bottle while "river combing" while it was still flooded. It looks like a cork top. It's written "listernie" across the top and "Lambet Co. pharmacal company. There is some pics below, any idea on a value? Any other dates or info about this would be apprciated I made an attempt at washing it last night but it didn't come very clean.
Scav.

Attachments

• listerine 1 001.jpg
    listerine 1 001.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,774
  • listerine 1 002.jpg
    listerine 1 002.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 876
  • listerine 1 003.jpg
    listerine 1 003.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 889
  • listerine 003.jpg
    listerine 003.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,061
  • listerine 004.jpg
    listerine 004.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,006

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice Bottle ...does look like cork top. There are several really great bottle identification sites listed in this forum.....WTG

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Definetly an older one :) probably early 1900's. They are fairly common, worth 1-30 dollars usually, still a nice find though!

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Scavenger, I also found a Listerine bottle, newer though, but made by the same company. I'm interested in knowing any information you may have found out on the company itself or any info on a web site to contact the company to find out the exact worth of my find. If you have found out anything like that, please respond.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
snake35 said:
Price varies by region. Its still a cool find. Good luck and good hunting.

If this is true, ebay, or a little bit of research could be the difference between the $30 dollar version and $0.5 version (ie find out in what regions it's worth more).

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
SWR said:
The site PBK recommended prices this bottle $2-$4...I still think that to be overpriced, IMHO. The $30 region could be a uptown Antique Shop. ;)

I would agree. Check "Completed" listings on eBay, and you'll see that they either went unsold or brought less than $2.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
PBK said:
SWR said:
The site PBK recommended prices this bottle $2-$4...I still think that to be overpriced, IMHO. The $30 region could be a uptown Antique Shop. ;)

I would agree. Check "Completed" listings on eBay, and you'll see that they either went unsold or brought less than $2.

Those 1800-1850s bitters bottles are waiting to be found and sold. A cheapo like that still looks neat so will sit nice in a display with small metal treasures spilling over the top...

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Found a bottle dump where these things were abundant. We must have dug about ten whole ones and didn't even get half way through the pile. Local politicians family that used to throw parties. Lots of them. There were so many alcohol bottles...mostly champagne but there were also many, many of these listerine bottles. We left them and probably about 100 broken ones. I won't flood the market with them so you can get 30 dollars for yours.

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a couple of smaller versions I have dug from a WWI era military dump I found. All the stuff in this dump was from around 1917 to 1920.
listervm2.jpg

D.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find~

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions