Threemor soda bottle...aggravated

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
Went to an older dump site, tooled around for a bit. There was an old carpet covering the far left side, curiously I yanked and dug it out. Low and behold, a massive bottle cache!..Messed around with green and amber red stripe looking bottles tossing them to the side. Found a clorox bottle with screw cap, and liquid still inside..not messing with unstable liquids..tossed to the side...Found a cobalt blue Phillips bottle, again to the side...I was like I find a hidden bottle stash like this and this is all I get?...Finally struck pay-dirt with a heavy and thick soda bottle from Threemor......I was stoked, that was until on the car ride home, then I hear a pop!..I was like what the eff!...Come to find out the bottle popped in half for no reason...does this happen to anybody else but me?....

Post a picture of the travesty later..

Gobpile

Mar 19, 2010
Underground
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Garrett GTI2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, never let your fresh out of the ground bottles see direct sunlight or temperature changes.I keep them in a towel in a bucket.I have seen guys find great bottles and set them on the side of the hole in the sun only to find them broken at the end of the day!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Yep they get cracks quickly and cruelly! Especially colored glass, Ambers and Cobalts.. In the shade they go.... :thumbsup: jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions