Feb 7, 2009
Berlin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6a
XP-GmaxxII
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello,

Is it possible to give me some information about this bottle?
I picked it up at an old dump-site,1930/40 area.The bottle is 285 mm tall,green glass,no other markings exept inscription.

I searched for a 'Frank Iny',found this ???:
http://www.dsquaredmedia.com/PDF/Life of Frank Iny Description.pdf

I think it's an american beer bottle. :-\

regards, Sven

Attachments

• DSCN80420056.JPG
    DSCN80420056.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 427
  • DSCN80440058.JPG
    DSCN80440058.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCN80450059.JPG
    DSCN80450059.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 389

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
I think you may have the correct Frank Iny. Here's another blurb describing the film. I would guess that one of his Belgian businesses was a brewery. This is all new to me.

The Life of Frank Iny: A Granddaughter's Journey

Produced and Directed by Adriana Davis & Carole Basri

Production Company: D-Squared Media, NYC

USA 35 Minutes 2001

The Life of Frank Iny tells the story of a man whose search for religious freedom took him from Baghdad to India, Belgium, Berlin, Israel and New York. His name was Frank Iny and this film is a tribute from his granddaughter, Carole Basri, an attorney living in New York City. Frank Iny was a highly respected Iraqi-Jewish businessman, philanthropist and leader. He established a very successful school for the children of his community, in 1941, when Jews were no longer welcome in the state run schools. In addition to speaking eleven languages, Mr. Iny believed that good education, good health and peace should be the cornerstones of Jewish life.

Taking a chronological approach and utilizing interviews with family members and friends this film summarizes the major events of Frank Iny’s life. Chief among those are establishing businesses in India and Belgium, receiving two honors from the Belgian government, escaping Hitler at the beginning of World War II, creating a school in Iraq that stayed open until the mid-1970’s and funding several scholarships, available today, at Hebrew University. A retiring man by nature, many of these facts were not discovered by his family until after his death in 1976. In fact, during his life, Frank shielded his family from the horrors he personally faced at the hands of the Iraqi government. The following story was brought to light only during the making of this film.

“Jews in Iraq after 1941 faced increasingly dangerous conditions. Although his family knew that Frank had decided they should leave the Middle East and begin new lives in the United States, they did not know what precipitated that decision. In late 1948, the Iraqi authorities had arrested Frank and taken him in for questioning. He was instructed to pay for the debt Iraq incurred during their war against Israel in May of that year. To guarantee he would not refuse, he was threatened with expropriation of his property and worse, hanging. Thinking quickly, Frank bribed his way out of Iraq and secured immediate passage for himself, his wife, but only four of his six children. It would be a year before he would see his other two daughters again, who were smuggled out of Iraq through Kurdistan, a much longer and difficult journey.“

Throughout his 81 years, Frank Iny’s survival and that of his family were tested. In fact, his stories of escape and persecution are, sadly, not unique among the Iraqi-Jews whose numbers in that country shrank from over 200,000 in the early 1900’s to only 40 living there today. In Israel, at a recent reunion for graduates of Frank Iny's school, over 600 former students traveled from all over the world to celebrate their Iraqi-Jewish heritage and the man, who made their education possible. This documentary sets Mr. Iny's life against the history of the Iraqi-Jews during some of its most turbulent times. From the oppression of the Ottomans to the anti-semitism of the 1940's and the escape of the 1950's this film illustrates how the spirit of the Iraqi-Jews survives today.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
gleaner1 said:
That is one heck of a beautiful beer bottle.
Have you seen this bottle before now, 'gleaner1'?

If it belonged to the Frank Iny in the film, the bottle may be from the time he was in New York -- the 1950s on. The "BEER" is not German or French, so it may be a vintage American bottle.

OP
OP
Erdspiegel

Erdspiegel

Feb 7, 2009
Berlin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6a
XP-GmaxxII
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the bottle is not very common.
Not at a dump site in Berlin/Germany. ::)

The bottle design seems to be a US. one,I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions