Help with a Mayflower Copyright 1902 bottle

Chibuya

Dec 8, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Tesoro Vaquero
Digging in the backyard of my 1920's apt building I came across a bottle about 4 or 5 inches down. It's a clear bottle with seams on both sides and a "cup" seam running around the bottom of the bottle. Looks like a clear beer bottle. In doing a bit of research I see that the seam does not run onto the lip but fades just before the lip of the bottle. I'm assuming this means it is a machined bottle from around the 1910-1920s. The bottom is embossed Copyright 1902 Mayflower. I thought perhaps it was a modern bottle from the Mayflower brewing company until I realized it has very pronounced seams on the sides.

I can't find any more info that pertains to the bottle and I can't seem to google any info on a company by the name of Mayflower from the early 1900's.

Anyone familiar with this type of bottle?

Thanks,
Stacey

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Chibuya said:
Digging in the backyard of my 1920's apt building I came across a bottle about 4 or 5 inches down. It's a clear bottle with seams on both sides and a "cup" seam running around the bottom of the bottle. Looks like a clear beer bottle. In doing a bit of research I see that the seam does not run onto the lip but fades just before the lip of the bottle. I'm assuming this means it is a machined bottle from around the 1910-1920s. The bottom is embossed Copyright 1902 Mayflower. I thought perhaps it was a modern bottle from the Mayflower brewing company until I realized it has very pronounced seams on the sides.

I can't find any more info that pertains to the bottle and I can't seem to google any info on a company by the name of Mayflower from the early 1900's.

Anyone familiar with this type of bottle?

Thanks,
Stacey
No one can give a definite answer without pics to see the item in question...

OP
OP
Chibuya

Chibuya

Dec 8, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Tesoro Vaquero
Thanks Creeper, I was thinking the same thing. I was just now able to resolve a problem of getting my pics to unload off the camera. I'll clean it up a bit and post tomorrow. I'm sure it's nothing special, I'm just curious about the date and maker.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the bottle was a ginger ale bottle......Mayflower was a named used by the Great Radium Spring Water Co. for it's Ginger Ale.....Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread