OP
OP
R
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
hey thanks

Yea i wonder if you saw the same webpage i did, i sa that on chuili;s auction page when i googled it.

and that was 4 years ago. Not much info about this one on the net.

so iu wonder what the book value is now and days.

id guess $100-$200

OP
OP
R
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
well it still needs cleaned but here it is unpolished

Attachments

• fbitter.jpg
    fbitter.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 451
  • fb4.jpg
    fb4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 455
  • fb3.jpg
    fb3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 452
  • fbitter2.jpg
    fbitter2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 434

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
300-400 all day long once cleaned up, maybe even more to the right buyer...

rws51

May 12, 2009
I found one under an old house that relatives lived in. It was dark amber and embossed Zincari Bitters. Also found 3 more just like it but were unembossed. Two were green and one was amber. There was a Warners Safe Kidney and Liver Cure but it was broken in 3 pcs. All total there was 32 nice old bottles in the crawl space of the house and they were all in pristine shape from being in the dry dirt all those years.....Nice find and 5 bucks well spent....

Roger

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
SWR said:
Looking forward to pictures. I like those Ladies Legs :thumbsup:

A medium gasoline puce sold in 1990 for over $6k. A yellow with a hint of olive sold for $1,700 in '91. The amber seems to be hitting between $250-$350
what color exactly is gasoline puce??? I never heard of that color... If I would have to guess it would be a puce color with a slight rainbow like gasoline gets when in a puddle of water......

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
creeper71 "gasoline" puce describes the lighter shades of puce. It's all just a rough description. When I use the term gasoline puce, or just "gasoline" colored, I tend to mean the very light shades of puce. Very light. I will try to find an example.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
gleaner1 said:
creeper71 "gasoline" puce describes the lighter shades of puce. It's all just a rough description. When I use the term gasoline puce, or just "gasoline" colored, I tend to mean the very light shades of puce. Very light. I will try to find an example.
Thank you for your help... Now with that being said isn't the bottle in question a puce color? I am asking cause in the pics with light shining thru there looks to be a pinkish/purple to it... or am I getting colors confused? One thing for me to learn is colors... it's very diffcult sometimes to determine the color.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Puce is like the blue/green/sapphire teal of the purple/pink/reddish world. It's there, but its hard to describe. But don't sweat it, teal is teal, and puce is puce. Just play it safe and call the Zincari puce. Once you have nailed that you can start qualifying specific pieces as amber puce, strawberry puce, purple puce, gasoline, a very light amber strawberry puce, etc. on and on. Hope this helps you creeper71.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
gleaner1 said:
Puce is like the blue/green/sapphire teal of the purple/pink/reddish world. It's there, but its hard to describe. But don't sweat it, teal is teal, and puce is puce. Just play it safe and call the Zincari puce. Once you have nailed that you can start qualifying specific pieces as amber puce, strawberry puce, purple puce, gasoline, a very light amber strawberry puce, etc. on and on. Hope this helps you creeper71.
Yes Gleaner1 this does help... Now what color would you say this bottle is? I thought it was puce since the second I seen it..cause there is reddish pink tint to it... I'm curious to what color you would call it... Thanks again for all your help...

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
gleaner1 said:
If I had to make a description, I would say dark amber puce, but computer screens and opinions always differ.
well If i knew my puce colors better I also would have said amber puce... so I GUESS he made hellava deal on this bottle... This one should probly be sold on Glassowrk auction if he was to sell don't ya think????

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
What a nice find!

No one seems to want to correct this, so here goes. I think this is ZINGARI Bitters, not "Zin c ari Bitters."

"Zingari" is dialectical Italian for "gypsy." (= Romani)

"Zin c ari" means . . . well, nothing.

If it looks like a "C" in the embossing, it is no doubt an accident in keeping the mold clean (or, conceivably, in mold-cutting).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread