OP
OP
zerojinx

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
Thanks for the links. Jeez, i didn't know there was so much variation about these things. The ones i found are a aqua green CD152 no. 40, and a clear CD154 No. 42.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
zerojinx said:
Thanks for the links. Jeez, i didn't know there was so much variation about these things. The ones i found are a aqua green CD152 no. 40, and a clear CD154 No. 42.
Are you 100% posative you have the right style??? cause if your not experienced in insulators they are very very tricky to determine style... please post pics

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
The clears are worth about a $1 and the colored 152 maybe $5-10 depending on the actual color of greenish blue...

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
epackage said:
The clears are worth about a $1 and the colored 152 maybe $5-10 depending on the actual color of greenish blue...
I'm not asking to argue, I am just curious how you can give a price without seeing a picture or knowing if the base is smooth, beaded ect? If you are experienced I would like to learn more about them Epack.....

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
HI CREEPER THE STYLE AND NUMBERS GIVE ALL THE INFO NEEDED, you can go to abn or just check e-bay...

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
epackage said:
HI CREEPER THE STYLE AND NUMBERS GIVE ALL THE INFO NEEDED, you can go to abn or just check e-bay...
but there is 3 different styles for 154.. reg 154,154.5 an 154.7 an the 152 has 2 different styles a reg 152 an a 152.2 price varies widely for each style from what I have seen... I can't remember which one I think it was the 154 was 250.00 from a insulator pricing database I use.. that is why I asked him if he was 100% posative of the style numbers he gave

OP
OP
zerojinx

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
IMG00025-20101213-1743.jpg
CD 152 no. 40

IMG00026-20101213-1743.jpg
CD154 no. 42

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
creeper71 said:
epackage said:
but there is 3 different styles for 154.. reg 154,154.5 an 154.7 an the 152 has 2 different styles a reg 152 an a 152.2 price varies widely for each style from what I have seen... I can't remember which one I think it was the 154 was 250.00 from a insulator pricing database I use.. that is why I asked him if he was 100% posative of the style numbers he gave

He gives the style, number and color, there's nothing else you need to know really, ecspecially when it comes to clears, very few Hem's are worth anything in clear color...

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Here is my entire insulator collection. I don't think these are very uncommon, and I don't display them:

insulatortrio.jpg
The center example is CD147. Here's a better image:

insulatortrio.jpg

Attachments

• insulator.CD147.jpg
    insulator.CD147.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,387

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
epackage said:
creeper71 said:
epackage said:

He gives the style, number and color, there's nothing else you need to know really, ecspecially when it comes to clears, very few Hem's are worth anything in clear color...
ok kool... his first post seemed like he wasn't sure what he had that is why I asked... thought maybe he had the wrong style number.. but I do see that you just used what was written..

OP
OP
zerojinx

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
i didn't know what i had when i first posted. However, thanks to the excellent links provided, i was able to cipher it out. I did get past the 5th grade, albeit barely. :tongue3:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Harry Pristis said:
Here is my entire insulator collection. I don't think these are very uncommon, and I don't display them:

The center example is CD147. Here's a better image:

always great pic's and info Harry, question now is when are you coming back to ABN ??

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very...VERY common insulators. You will see them on just about every pole along most RR tracks. Clear or Aqua are motsly $1 each...unless you are buying from an antique mall where they sell for $5-$10. Regardless...no collector will pay you $5 for one of those.

You start running into high value when you come across different colors...purple, ox blood, amber, etc... Also when you come across a rare embossing...but for the most part that CD of insulator does not have that.

If you want more specific information feel free to shoot me an email. I can give you value for any glass insulator you have...I just need the exact embossing and color of the piece.

OP
OP
zerojinx

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
GlassyEyed said:
Those are very...VERY common insulators. You will see them on just about every pole along most RR tracks. Clear or Aqua are motsly $1 each...unless you are buying from an antique mall where they sell for $5-$10. Regardless...no collector will pay you $5 for one of those.

You start running into high value when you come across different colors...purple, ox blood, amber, etc... Also when you come across a rare embossing...but for the most part that CD of insulator does not have that.

If you want more specific information feel free to shoot me an email. I can give you value for any glass insulator you have...I just need the exact embossing and color of the piece.

About as i figured, thank you for verifying it. I'll have to return to the cache to see if there are any unusual ones there, perhaps some mistakes.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a box full of clear and aqua Hemmingrays that I couldn't give away at our last garage sale......

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning or Heads Up...

There are some clear ones out there that have a MR on them. If you run across one of these you are talking about a lot on money...

So keep that in mind when you are looking at your clears. Odds are you will never see one, but who knows...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread