Straight-side Coke and Hutch found

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the Coke bottle on 12/24 and the Hutchinson on 12/26. No digging needed, both had been uncovered by erosion. My health won't allow me to dig those holes anymore. No cracks or chips. I have been searching these areas every winter since 1991. I have found a few in the past but they are getting harder and harder to find. To clean the insides I cut a piece of SOS pad just big enough to fit in the bottle and then take a manipulated coat hanger, grab the pad with the end of it and scrub. I remove the pad with a long hemostat. They still need to be soaked in muriatic acid to get the stains off. I had a pretty good Christmas. Good luck to everyone in the New Year!

Attachments

• Coke Hutch 004.jpg
    Coke Hutch 004.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 533
  • Coke Hutch 003.jpg
    Coke Hutch 003.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 470
  • Coke Hutch 001.jpg
    Coke Hutch 001.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 479
OP
OP
T

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Gilmer Hotel is still in operation after several renovations but the bottling plant is now a parking lot. Several years ago before they paved the lot they dug out a huge hole and I found a hutch from Greenwood MS. and one from Pennsylvania. I have always wondered how/ why they were there. Steve

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I love to see those straight-sided cokes, never found one in forty year's diggin. I'm gonna flip out if I ever get one. Nice finds!

OP
OP
T

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks gleaner...I've always wanted to find a nice bitters bottle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread