Old Bottle Collection...

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Normally I dont log in I just look at all the great bottles, but this time I just had to so i could say " Holy Cow " !!

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
olepossum said:
sorry hehe let me rephrase that get what looks to be the best looking bottles details no chips and stoppers or even ones with no stoppers then find a bottle show and go to it
I won't trust just anyone at a bottle show.. they might not know the true value or they might lowball knowing he has no clue... Wish he lived closer he could go to the Baltimore ,MD show in March it's the biggiest bottle show on east coast... There are a few people there I would trust.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i am new to bhing my self just know what i know from here and on ebay and reading alot of websites info on bottles i have a 1940 embossed dr pepper from my home town of st joseph mo good for any time 10 2 and 4 and a mid 1800s blob top from my home town it was a whiskey bottle like a half pint size and some med and oil bottles and some insulators going to one this weekend for a few hours

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know bottles...but I do know insulators!

Shoot me an email with better pics of the insulators ([email protected]), or post them here. I'll be able to give you the value on those.

Just by looking at what you have visible, one looks to be a threadless piece. Most threadless have some value...anywhere from $50 up to $1000's depending on Consolidated Design (CD), color and embossing.

What is needed most is a clear pic of the pieces and the embossing on each. If you don't want to go into that much detail with embossing I can give you a rough estimate based on CD and color.

Drop me a line.

insulator245

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre!
Hi FooserPaul, I have some interest in your insulators if you are looking to sell them. I live in Massachusetts, so we could work out a deal in person if you would like to sell them. I know a bit about bottles also, even though I don't collect them, and I would be happy to help you out with them.

Thanks, Chris
[email protected]

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coily, my head is spinning in awe by your collection. Yes!!! Now, that is what I am talking about. Any suggestions in cleaning the bottles?

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just INCREDIBLE! What a huge task you have on your hands- I don't envy it, but boy oh boy those bottles deserve every moment you can spare. Just beautiful- and SO COOL to see even that small fraction of the complete collection is just a treat! Thank you-- and good luck. Yakker

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FooserPaul, if you are going to sell off all these bottles it would be a huge task. Many of them can be researched on e-bay to get a general idea at what they're selling for. It would be to your advantage to let someone with good bottle/glass knowledge come over and assess what you have. Agree on a price with them (don't let them take some of your pieces as payment) and set up a saturday or sunday and get after it.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread