21.8 KB · Views: 208

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Re: Valentine's Soda

Lastly ...

Rich ~

I hope you don't mind my bombarding your thread like this. I just though it might serve as a valuable lesson regarding ... Rarity - Condition - Supply - Demand - Value.

Thanks a lot. I hope your Valentine's bottle sells for a ton of money. (Providing you list it).

Bob

OP
OP
S

SammyRye

Greenie
Mar 27, 2011

Bob -

No, I certainly don't mind you "bombarding" the thread. Actually, I've learned a lot form it, and hopefully others have, too.

I certainly don't consider my self a collector - I have a smattering of several items that I've either found or been given over the years. This bottle was just one of those dust grabbers sitting on the shelf.

I'm not sure if I'm going to list it or let it sit for a bit. I'm going to do some more exploring - maybe in a collector's magazine or somewhere. If I do decide to sell and list it, I'll be sure to keep everyone on here informed. You never know - one of these could turn up just about anywhere!

Thanks much for everyone's time and effort in helping me with this - especially you, Bob!

Rich

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

Harry Pristis said:
"ACL soda"; "Valentine's"; and "Chattanooga" are key words that will get all the hits you need on eBay.

I don't think you can do better than on eBay. Top dollar is whatever the top bidder offers beyond your reserve price.

Or, you can save the hassle, and sell it to 'Gleaner1' for whatever you can negotiate. The value of the bottle is unknown, and is to be determined between a wiling buyer and a willing seller. Any other value ascribed to the bottle is pure speculation.

Hey Harry, thanks for the nod, I can only offer thirty beans at this time. But to the right buyer in the right setting, who knows? If I had 75 beans to throw around, I would give SammyRye a call. I want it. :icon_thumleft:

Diamond Spike

Jan 26, 2005
Alabama

Great read yall, and very interesting. Good luck with your Bottle.
I do have 1 question, Though and im almost to embaressed to ask.
First i'm not a bottle collector. so what does Acl stand for?

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California

APPLIED COLOR LABEL (Painted label bottles were first introduced in 1934).

1st picture ... 2002 Third Edition. A must have for soda bottle collectors.

2nd picture .. A collection of the earliest known acls from some extensive research that I and several others did last year. They date from 1935 to 1938. We know that 1934 soda bottles exist, but no confirmed examples have ever surfaced yet. The earliest known and confirmed acl is a milk bottle.

SBB

Attachments

• ACL Soda Bottle Book (447x600).jpg
    ACL Soda Bottle Book (447x600).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 202
  • ACL STACKED.gif
    ACL STACKED.gif
    148.2 KB · Views: 163

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California

Just for the record, here is a picture of the earliest known acl milk bottle. Although the paint is barely visible, the makers mark on the bottom confirms the date to be 1934. The label reads "Kolbs." If anyone can produce a 1934 acl soda bottle, you will be the first to find one.

SBB

Attachments

• Kolb\'s acl milk bottle full image possible 1934.jpg
    Kolb\'s acl milk bottle full image possible 1934.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 183

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California

One more ...

I am currently looking for a "Brownie Club" acl soda bottle like the one shown below. There are indications that it was first produced in 1934. But as yet none have surfaced. The date should be embossed on the base in the form of a double-digit 34 or possibly a solo 4 Please let me know if you ever come across one. (Or any 1934 acl soda bottle for that matter).

Thanks,

SBB

{Brownie Club - Possible 1934 acl} ?

Attachments

• Brownie Club Bottle (190x318).jpg
    Brownie Club Bottle (190x318).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 132

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

SODABOTTLEBOB said:
One more ...

I am currently looking for a "Brownie Club" acl soda bottle like the one shown below. There are indications that it was first produced in 1934. But as yet none have surfaced. The date should be embossed on the base in the form of a double-digit 34 or possibly a solo 4 Please let me know if you ever come across one. (Or any 1934 acl soda bottle for that matter).

Thanks,

SBB

{Brownie Club - Possible 1934 acl} ?
Wow bet that is a highdollar ACL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread