Fruit Jar / Canning Jar

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
I'm looking for a lid for this jar.....OR, I'm looking for someone who has a lid and needs this jar.
jar.stoneware.jpg
I don't know that this jar of mine is a Weir Patent jar, but the lid will look something like the lid of this Weir jar.
weirpatentebay.jpg
It's usually the lid that survives, so someone probably has one that would fit. Let me know.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Harry, never seen nothin' like it before. Now it's burned into my mind and my eyes are peeled. If I ever run across one, I will be shipping it off to you in haste.

OP
OP
Harry Pristis

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
gleaner1 said:
Harry, never seen nothin' like it before. Now it's burned into my mind and my eyes are peeled. If I ever run across one, I will be shipping it off to you in haste.
Well, thank you, 'gleaner1' . . . That is a generous thought.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Harry, I save all the lids I ever find just for that sort of thing. But I have none like this in my collection....yet! I shall dig more and be in search of this elusive lid! :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
Harry Pristis

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
jgas said:
Harry, I save all the lids I ever find just for that sort of thing. But I have none like this in my collection....yet! I shall dig more and be in search of this elusive lid! :thumbsup: jgas
Thanks, 'jgas'. Sooner or later I'll make a connection . . . or rather, the jar will be connected to an appropriate lid!

I think that diggers - many or most diggers - keep intact jar lids. I know that I did when I was digging. I still have a few. There must be thousands of lids of all sorts gathering dust in boxes, or tins, or buckets . . . . potentially useful, too good to throw away! What do you do with 'em?

Has anyone here ever made that lucky connection, lid with jar (or jar with lid)?

snuffhelmejar.JPG

Attachments

• snuffhelmejar.JPG
    snuffhelmejar.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 239

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Yea Harry, I keep the ones that are embossed of course. Pickle pushers and the like. Even the more common Mason lids are good for trade here and there. Heck I sold the one pickle pusher for $25 and the guy I sold it to then sold it for $35. So we all won on that deal. :thumbsup: jgas

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I found a lid Saturday that looks almost suitable, except it's 3.25 inches across and would probably fall into your jar. It's definitely that kind of closure.

OP
OP
Harry Pristis

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
halfdime said:
I found a lid Saturday that looks almost suitable, except it's 3.25 inches across and would probably fall into your jar. It's definitely that kind of closure.
Thanks for thinking about it! I guess this jar has a wider- than-average mouth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread