diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say it's a glass stirring rod buy i've never seen one 18 inches long. Are both ends "finished"?
How "old" was the old bottling company? There is a reason I ask, although I suspect i'm going in the wrong direction.

OP
OP
flipper

flipper

Feb 21, 2011
Middleport Pa
Both ends are flat cut. They bottling co. was there in the 1890's, not sure when it closed.

Kinda overkill for a towel rod isn't it?

Flip

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
diggummup said:
I would say it's a glass stirring rod buy i've never seen one 18 inches long. Are both ends "finished"?
How "old" was the old bottling company? There is a reason I ask, although I suspect i'm going in the wrong direction.
they probly don't understand what finshed means

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
diggummup said:
jgas said:
Pontil rod!
That's where I was heading when I asked how old the bottling company was.
You guys are such kidders! :laughing7: Maybe it's a bottle probe left by an earlier digger.

If it's not a towel rod, it might be some specialized tool (or part) of a bottling machine. Glass, because glass can be sterilized readily; and/or it wouldn't be affected by the sulphuric acid used in producing carbon dioxide from marble powder. Or, it may be something totally unconnected with the bottling plant, other than by proximity.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry Pristis said:
diggummup said:
jgas said:
Pontil rod!
You guys are such kidders! :laughing7: Maybe it's a bottle probe left by an earlier digger.

If it's not a towel rod, it might be some specialized tool (or part) of a bottling machine. Glass, because glass can be sterilized readily; and/or it wouldn't be affected by the sulphuric acid used in producing carbon dioxide from marble powder. Or, it may be something totally unconnected with the bottling plant, other than by proximity.
icon_lolsign.gif

Attachments

• icon_lolsign.gif
    icon_lolsign.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 198
OP
OP
flipper

flipper

Feb 21, 2011
Middleport Pa
diggummup said:
jgas said:
Pontil rod!

I originally thought that too because the one end looks black. I will try to get a better picture. And there was Pontil found on the property. I did a little more research and it appears the property is a lot older than 1890's, before that they were a wiskey dealer with crock jugs and such...

Flip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread