Orange Crush and Tog bottles

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detected a drained lake today and found an Orange Crush and two Tog bottles.Cant find any information about Tog, made by Sunnyside Beverages, Joliet, IL.Updated pics with bottom of bottle.

Attachments

• phpQi9ywHPM.jpg
    phpQi9ywHPM.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 299
  • phpyPZuiLPM.jpg
    phpyPZuiLPM.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1589.JPG
    IMG_1589.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 263

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
tech125 ~

Welcome to the forum.

I've never seen or heard of "Tog" either. I did a quick search but didn't find anything. I have a book which list about 7,000 different soda brands, and Tog is not in it. It has the appearence of being 1940s. There should be some embossed date codes, etc. on the base. Please tell us exactly what number - letters - symbols are on the base and I'm sure we can figure out when it was made. A picture of the base would be even better if it is focused and readable.

I did find the brand pictured below, but it is "Sunny Side" in two words and from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It dates in the early 1960s. Is the Sunny Side on your bottles spelled out in one or two words?

SBB

Attachments

• Sunny Side Acl Closeup.jpg
    Sunny Side Acl Closeup.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Sunny Side ACL.jpg
    Sunny Side ACL.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 241

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
tech125 ~

I did some more research and discovered your Tog bottle is probably not related to the Sunny Side bottle I posted. But I will leave the pic and info posted anyway just in case. The few references I did find show Sunnyside as one word, and only from Joliet. I also found a brief reference for a 1946 Tog bottle. But no pictures or other info. I was curious if Tog had some specific meaning or definition and found this ...

Tog ... "Any outer garment. Shortened from togman. Cloak or loose coat."

But what that has to do with a brand of soda pop is anybodies guess. :icon_scratch:

SBB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions