Any info on this one?

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have done some research but dont come up with much. Says L. J. Calanan 41 & 43 Vesey Street. NY. FULL PINT BOTTLE on othere side. I'm guessing wiskey but dont know for sure. Thanks
IMAG0086.jpg

OP
OP
True_Metal

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang. 5 years, 2 inquiry threads and still no info on this bottle. This thing must be rare or something. :laughing7:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Help might have come sooner had you spelled the name correctly... :tongue3:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
post card featuring an interior view of a spectacular room filled with linen covered tables, pillars with coat hooks, large overhead hanging lights and what appears to be a tin ceiling. People who appear to be employees are scattered throughout the room. The back of the card includes: "Callanans / 41 - 43 Vesey St. / 'Get the Health Habit' / Eat at Callanans / 1845 - 1916 and still going strong / 41 - 43 Vesey St., / Telephone / Cortland(?) 8585 / 8586" Please note: While the town is not specifically identified, I believe this restaurant was associated with the former New York resident, Mr. Lawrence J. Callanan's legacy; however, that is just an educated guess!!!! According to information available online, Mr. L. J. Callanan was a grocer at 41 - 43 Vesey Street who passed away in 1913.
KGrHqMOKnE2eoyqyCbBN0HIeZ2R_3.jpg

KGrHqZiE2Tb1c63BN0HIliumg_3.jpg

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I think whiskey but the opening looks too small, he did sell Rye and other whiskeys so it seems correct. Does the opening appear small in person or is it small as it appears in the pics?

OP
OP
True_Metal

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
epackage said:
I think whiskey but the opening looks too small, he did sell Rye and other whiskeys so it seems correct. Does the opening appear small in person or is it small as it appears in the pics?

Thanks for the info, Mackydon and Epackage.

Sorry bout the typo on the name listing.

I basically came up with the same info in research though the olive oil bottle is a new one to me.

I'm betting that what it is, as the opening is narrow. Around 3/16" at it's narrowest.

I still have not been able to find a picture, auction or sale listing for any bottles from Callanan thru the years ever since I found this bottle in Cold Springs NY.

Thanks again for the help 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread