OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Doesn't anyone know anything about it ? I can't find any info or one like it on the web. :-\

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Reddielocks said:
Doesn't anyone know anything about it ? I can't find any info or one like it on the web. :-\

I know that Pepsi was the first cola mfgr. to offer a 2-liter bottle, and that was in 1970. Whether the "Boss" foam label came later, I can't say. However, it's attributed to the 1970's in the following thread:

http://www.alphadictionary.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1376&sid=e67ad0c88f8483182685369d75cf8bf8

A sealed one sold on eBay for $10.55 back in January, and the seller stated, "I believe this is circa 1977."

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTF-2-Quart-Glass-Pepsi-Bottle-THE-BOSS-Sealed-64-oz-NR_W0QQitemZ7211994453

2country

Apr 23, 2006
SE Virginia
I remember those back when I was a "young-un" . It was around the mid 70's . I remember how I used to always peel the foam labels off .

T

TreasureTales

Egads, why wouldn't somebody have consumed that stuff long ago? I'm surprised it didn't eat its way through the glass bottle. Pepsi is sometimes used to clean coins. I used to drink colas until I saw what it could do to the tarnish on a coin. Then I wondered what it was doing to my innards. Now I'm strickly a beer drinker, much safer!!! :D :D

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
TreasureTales said:
Egads, why wouldn't somebody have consumed that stuff long ago? I'm surprised it didn't eat its way through the glass bottle. Pepsi is sometimes used to clean coins. I used to drink colas until I saw what it could do to the tarnish on a coin. Then I wondered what it was doing to my innards. Now I'm strickly a beer drinker, much safer!!! :D :D

Yes Beer ! It can make your hair grow and make your liver "grow" as well like whiskey ! ;)
I can't drink beer i have no taste for it.I do enjoy a nice glass of whiskey ever now and then,but only one very small glass.I am too small to have any more !

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
2country said:
I remember those back when I was a "young-un" . It was around the mid 70's . I remember how I used to always peel the foam labels off .

i remember them too.....................i must really be getting old :'(

irishgirl29

Sep 2, 2006
Thats a great find,I just dug a coca cola bottle exactly like yours the only thing I found out is that there were two times these type of bottles were produced, in the 1940s and the 1970s mine was produced circa 1976 yours would probably be the same era givin the type of label,there is not a whole lot about these bottles anywhere I have reserched books,talked too collectors and been all over the net,,,,,found nothing.If you get more info on your bottle please post it,I think someday they will be worth something but for the time being there pretty cool to look at ;)

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
What a great find! Talk about taking a trip down memory lane ;D

Have you tried contacting the President of the Pepsi-Cola Collectibles Club (Bob Stoddard) at [email protected]. ? He has information regarding Pepsi's rare
collectibles you may also wish to browse his Pepsi collectible site at:
www.pepsigifts.com

While recently walking about a small Welcome Center at the border of Md. & Va. I came across a Pepsi bottle that really caught my eye by its shape & style. It took just a few days of putzing about till I was directed to him & he was a bit helpful with finding out a bit more information on it . .

Good Luck ;)

~ May you ALWAYS be Blessed & may you ALWAYS Bless others ~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread