Lake County bottling Works East Chicago,IND?

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this in a creek yesterday and can't find any info about it...It's about 6'' tall and on the bottom back it reads-this bottle is never sold.On the very bottle on the bottle is reads-L.C
Thanks!!

P1060167.jpg

Thanks!!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey Rob nice looking bottle. Can't really tell if its an applied top or not. So not quite sure on the age. I found a Hutch style with the same slug plate. So that one dates to 1879. Not really sure where the heck the bottling works was located in East Chicago. I am sure there were several. Here is the hutch pic.
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/aqua-hutch-soda-lake-county-btlg-east-chicago

I will continue the search....hope that helps a bit. I am in South Bend and have never come across one like yours. It may have either been a soda or a beer. Most beers have the embossing that says Not to be sold. The search continues. jgas

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The city of East Chicago was not incorporated until 1893. To gain more information, you may wish to visit the East Chicago Room of the East Chicago Main Library at 2401 East Columbus Drive, just off of Cline Avenue, or make inquiry through their web site at www.ecpl.org.

Don.....

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks jgas & Mackaydon you guys are awesome :icon_thumright: I was visiting a friend in Dryer,Indiana and walk to the creek for some fishing..It's the first I ever seen like this..Maybe during the fall I'll walk the creek to see if there's any others out there.Thanks guys for all your help!!

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
"Not To Be Sold" is on many Sodas as well because the bottler reused the bottles and wanted them back, they didn't want the competition to get free bottles they had paid for....Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread